GPX Specific Ground Balance

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Northeast. Thanks for posting elsewhere and getting a response. Thank phrunt for me.
That link was very informative and answered the question about using the quick track button after doing the first Specific Ground Balance ....... I quote the Minelab Treasure Talk .......
"After this first ground balance then you can subsequently use the green Quick-Trak button in the normal way".
Will have to give Specific Ground Balance a go in highly mineralised ground in the Vic GT.
Sounds promising.
Thanks again. Cheers

As per the instructions you only need to try Specific if you can't achieve good ground balance with General. I've never used Specific and have always put up with poor ground balance at times. So I will certainly give Specific a go next time I can't get good ground balance with General. Another point of learning and is another example of what makes this forum great ...... people helping others.

As you use the machine you have to go back and read the instruction book again; and again; as it all starts to fall into place. Little things you did not understand at the begining you can see how it is relevant. :Y:
I did not realise you can set up the machine for 3-4 diferant settings, change the switch and your machine is set to go. General; Deep; Patch; etc,. It saves the setings, you don't have to reset every setting on the detector each change, just your Gain & Stabiliser.

Heatho said:
The instruction manual says for highly magnetic iron rich ground areas. Page 54.
Theres a lot of ground in the Vic GT where the ground is highly magnetic ....... you put your pick end magnet to the ground and you get an instant clump of ironstone attached to it. Specific will certainly be worth a try in these areas. In the past in areas like this Ive turned down Rx and Stabilizer, switched to Sensitive Smooth and even tried Quiet Audio and then still walked away.

Hi folks (newbie here)

I know my way around these detectors pretty well. I have detected WA in all the usual places south of Peak Hill and a wee bit east of Kal etc.

Its been a rare day that specific has been called for but i am sure glad its there. If your using it then ground balance (green button) fairly regularly.

I mostly detect early morning and evening and run my 5000 in fixed, not tracking with General ground balance

Latest posts