Heatho's Equinox Madness 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I really have a quandary.
Do I move from Qld to Goulburn and eat great food at Dr.Doc's (if invited :p ) or move to Sydney and follow Heatho around to his Honey Holes or stay in Qld where the temperature today was 25C?
Huge choice, and the winner is............Queensland. Beautiful one day, perfect the next! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great efforts Heatho and wow what a deposit, just fantastic.
Mackka

Hmmmm geez Mackka now you've got me thinking. I love my tucker, I reckon if Dr Duck opened a restaurant I'd live there, especially during truffle season. You'd always be welcome to detect my spots with me if you were here. The weather in Queensland during winter would be just amazing.

Tough decisions mate, if I had to choose between the 3 it would be one of the hardest decisions I'd ever have to make. :)

Queensland would possibly win as well though.

Ah Heatho, you are just a great bloke and if I ever get down your way I would love to join you in the hunt for those little gold and silver runaways. I got so excited thinking about the the food that I put up Dr. Doc instead of Dr. Duck, silly me. I am thinking of maybe another Golden Triangle, Goulburn, Sydney and Brisbane.
Food , detect and home to bed, in my dreams!
One day it will be possible, The Fourth Dimension!
Cheers and Best Regards
Mackka

Wow, these hauls are amazing, I took my recently acquired Nox800 to a nearby park today and scratched around, but I still have heaps to learn. I seemed to be getting so many trashy signals jumping around there. Found a few 1c and 2c lol for my troubles, but quite a few bottle tops and ring pulls, bits of copper pipe and other crap hehe. Might try for a quieter place tomorrow to get used to the machine more.
Would love to see the settings you blokes use for trashy parks.

AussieChris said:
Wow, these hauls are amazing, I took my recently acquired Nox800 to a nearby park today and scratched around, but I still have heaps to learn. I seemed to be getting so many trashy signals jumping around there. Found a few 1c and 2c lol for my troubles, but quite a few bottle tops and ring pulls, bits of copper pipe and other crap hehe. Might try for a quieter place tomorrow to get used to the machine more.
Would love to see the settings you blokes use for trashy parks.

Hey Chris, the only thing I really change is the recovery speed up to 7 in the Park 1 program and the tone break in the T4 section down to 18 so I don't miss any sixpences, that's it really.

In severe trash I really only dig target ID's 18 and above or sometimes just goldies target ID's or anything 20 and above . You will miss some gold rings as quite a lot are in the 10-18 range but the one I got the other day was a sold 20 and would not have missed it in heavy trash.

Most canslaw, pulltabs and other junk are between 10 and 17, just ignore that stuff in heavy trash, in light trash or on the beach I dig almost everything.

Don't swing too slowly either, the Nox likes a nice and brisk swing speed to help separate good targets out of the clutter.

Mackka said:
Ah Heatho, you are just a great bloke and if I ever get down your way I would love to join you in the hunt for those little gold and silver runaways. I got so excited thinking about the the food that I put up Dr. Doc instead of Dr. Duck, silly me. I am thinking of maybe another Golden Triangle, Goulburn, Sydney and Brisbane.
Food , detect and home to bed, in my dreams!
One day it will be possible, The Fourth Dimension!
Cheers and Best Regards
Mackka

If you ever come down this way Mackka it would be great to get you out for a swing. :Y:

Ahh Heatho!! last time i was logged in you were still debating whether to purchase the nox or not. Here we are 3 months later and you have been killing it still, regardless of which detector you are using. I especially love seeing the unusual targets you unearth mate. I see your still killing the rings, although i've only managed about 8 hunts over the last 3 months (working 7 day weeks a lot), i've still managed a good number of targets for the time. The one thing that bothers me, is the fact that i have not retrieved any rings in the hunts. I was wondering what tid's your rings are coming up as, and if they are in the foil or ring pull numbers, are you digging a lot of those types of junk to get the rings? or is there a little trick to determining whether to dig or not?. Anyways, great hunting mate, your skill as a treasure hunter is second to none. SS.

Secret Squirrels said:
Ahh Heatho!! last time i was logged in you were still debating whether to purchase the nox or not. Here we are 3 months later and you have been killing it still, regardless of which detector you are using. I especially love seeing the unusual targets you unearth mate. I see your still killing the rings, although i've only managed about 8 hunts over the last 3 months (working 7 day weeks a lot), i've still managed a good number of targets for the time. The one thing that bothers me, is the fact that i have not retrieved any rings in the hunts. I was wondering what tid's your rings are coming up as, and if they are in the foil or ring pull numbers, are you digging a lot of those types of junk to get the rings? or is there a little trick to determining whether to dig or not?. Anyways, great hunting mate, your skill as a treasure hunter is second to none. SS.

Hey SS don't know how I missed this post of yours, has been a while since I added anything to this thread, have been using the Nox but finds have been slim pickins and I only like to post when I make interesting finds or large totals.

Most of the jewellery I find is silver rings, the trick is to dig high conductors, I pretty much usually dig anything over 20 TID in parks, I dig lower TID's too if it's not trashy, in heavy trash goldies still leap out and are easy to pick. Most of the silver rings are above say 26 or 27 and going up into the low to mid 30's, very easy to pick out of trashy parks, copper will be very similar to silver and I usually get a fair bit of copper too. The silver ingot was a 38-39 TID, very high conductor.

On the beach I dig everything except beer bottle tops, but even though I try to leave them I still get quite a few. By the law of averages though gold rings do pop up occasionally and I just put that down to luck on the day. That last gold ring was just luck, I saw the 20 TID and thought hmmmm too low for a goldie but it was solid each way and at different angle so I dug and was happy and slightly surprised to see gold.

Keep at it mate, you'll get some rings soon I reckon with some persistance.

Thought I'd hit my old honey hole yesterday and today to see what is still there, was mainly just after goldies and a few pre dec, mission accomplished.

Snagged the silver and garnet ring on the way back to the car, TID was 29-30.

Total for both hunts was 4 hours.

1532490079_img_20180725_132602.jpg

1532490079_img_20180725_132613.jpg

1532490080_img_20180725_132635.jpg

1532490080_img_20180725_133505.jpg

Sure was mate, I love getting last minute good finds on the way back to the car, got the shilling a few steps before the ring.

Looks pretty old hey.

Latest posts