X-Terra Finds 2018

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Troutman said:
ctxkid said:
cherry picking high tones ??

doing very well :party: :party:

I usually will dig anything above a steady 20 on the x-terra which is a 20 cent coin. Amazing thing about Thursday was that I didn't find the 20c, 50c, and 10c until the end of the day. I'm wondering if the previous detectorists the caretaker told me had been over the site had somehow cherry picked the big loud tones of 20c and 50c coins with a machine that missed the goldies. Doesn't make much sense I know and the goldies, despite being mostly older and well buried, were clear and loud on my machine. It was just a nice day where nearly everything was a goldie.

don't let on , just say "i'm doing ok"
looks like the other person has a crap detector :Y:
goldies are good :cool:

Well, you're certainly having a good week! That bracelet is awesome. Better buy the bloke who cleaned out all the 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20c coins out a beer if you ever meet him.

That's a big chunk of silver, not too shabby on the goldies either, well done. :)

Didn't think it was your first detect going by those results. ;)

Some people can only afford the budget detectors, doesn't make them crap, they just don't have the bells and whistles of the higher end machines. :| I'd be more inclined to say the other person is a crap detectorist ]:D
ctxkid said:
Troutman said:
ctxkid said:

I usually will dig anything above a steady 20 on the x-terra which is a 20 cent coin. Amazing thing about Thursday was that I didn't find the 20c, 50c, and 10c until the end of the day. I'm wondering if the previous detectorists the caretaker told me had been over the site had somehow cherry picked the big loud tones of 20c and 50c coins with a machine that missed the goldies. Doesn't make much sense I know and the goldies, despite being mostly older and well buried, were clear and loud on my machine. It was just a nice day where nearly everything was a goldie.

That a beauty chunk of silver and lots of stones, you'd think there'd be a makers mark on something like that. Well done mate that's a ripper of a day. :) :Y:

Secret Squirrels said:
Great hunt troutman, that turtle looks like the lawnmower tractors ran it over :eek: made it's bloody eyes bulge anyways :p Beaut bangle, can we see it from a different angle please :)

1531164197_img_20180709_133016.jpg

Here's another view. Off for a few day's on the goldfields now. Hopefully next pics will be of nuggets!

Secret Squirrels said:
Some people can only afford the budget detectors, doesn't make them crap, they just don't have the bells and whistles of the higher end machines. :| I'd be more inclined to say the other person is a crap detectorist ]:D
ctxkid said:
Troutman said:
ctxkid said:

from what i see it is both, it's the one's with crap detectors that dig every target (no discrimination) get even by walking away from unfilled holes , so yeah i can see it as being "both"

ctxkid said:
Secret Squirrels said:
ctxkid said:
Troutman said:
ctxkid said:

from what i see it is both, it's the one's with crap detectors that dig every target (no discrimination) get even by walking away from unfilled holes , so yeah i can see it as being "both"

Even my Aldi detector had discrimination, worked pretty good too, found enough goldies to pay for my CTX and got a bunch of nice rings with it as well.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5199

Heatho said:
ctxkid said:
Secret Squirrels said:
ctxkid said:
Troutman said:

Even my Aldi detector had discrimination, worked pretty good too, found enough goldies to pay for my CTX and got a bunch of nice rings with it as well.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5199
most frustrating detector on the planet, yes i too have one

Heatho said:
That bracelet would make a great find of the month entry. :Y:

Glad you think so Heatho, I'll be putting it up for the vote now we have got home from Western Creek where we met up with Rockhunter62, AUAddict and others.
Cheers,
Graham

It has finally rained a little bit here, last week we got about 30 mm the first wet stuff in months and enough to soften the ground up a bit for digging in. The coins in the top 2 rows plus the crusty 1934 penny came from a hunt Friday afternoon and the rest from a different part of the same huge park on Sunday arvo. The silvers and a few of the gold coins were all freshly dropped from a weekend event and were specked, the dirty goldies and BBs were lurking much deeper.

1536545622_9th_sept_2018.jpg

Mmmmmmoolah aplenty mate ! :p
:trophy: :money: :money: :money: :perfect: :100:

Latest posts