Nundle crevies

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Did a few hours crevicing nundle today. And got my fix.
1528633128_20180610_214448-1.jpg

Good find Mick! And thanks for posting your finds.
I live within 3 or 4 hours drive from Nundle and I plan to go up there and do my very first fossicking. I am a total beginner.
In what places in the Nundle area is it permissible for the amatuer to fossick and pan for gold?
My apologies for the beginners questions!
I might try panning and/or sluicing first up as I only have a cheap Aldi detector. I don't know if gold has ever been detected with one of those?
When I learn more about possibilities in my general locality and gain more knowledge about fossicking generally, I will invest in a serious metal detector.

Jim.

Hey mate, Nundle is a great place for a first trip. The information centre has maps to all the fossicking locations and is well worth the visit on its own as it has a great rock and mineral collection. The Peel river is the place I first panned for gold. Didn't get a lot in volume but you can expect to get colour in every second pan or so without too much effort. Probably not much water in the creeks at the moment though.

Thanks for the encouraging reply Squint.
I will apply for a permit and take a trip up there sometime in the near future.

Jim.

Currently out here weather is mild, nice sunny days some creeks are running. Plenty of fun to be had.

Jim im from belmont so its a bit of a drive for me too. I do day trips quite often. I have a 705 and take it with me but not much chop with the minerals in the soil. I use it in the creek though to find nails . Shotty pellets and then crevice the area. I usually go to usual spots and clean out the crevices properly that others have started. Creek was frozen last sunday. Good for the kids to play in. Micro gold is easy to find if you want some colour. Im after chunks which im still learning the ropes. And there are crystals to be found in the hills to break up a stay or just for something different

Latest posts