You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

hermann
12 July 2018 03:21 pm

Hi All, I think my hearing is fading away a little bit, I saw on Facebook Wazzas Eyespy , any body tried this device? I'm concerned how to wire this thing up.

mbasko
12 July 2018 04:10 pm

Think you just plug from detector headphone jack into the unit. Maybe ask him wazzas.eyespy@gmail.com
Good idea if it works as he says

Edit:
For those curious
https://m.facebook.com/Wazzas-EyeSpy-1763695170361594/

Last edited by mbasko (12 July 2018 04:12 pm)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

SteelPat
12 July 2018 05:10 pm

I was looking at something like this for the deaf. I am going to go another direction, as in full sunlight, any light source can be a bit hard to see.
Once I’m on top of the enhancers, I’ll finish developing my idea which should help the profoundly deaf get into gold prospecting.

Last edited by SteelPat (12 July 2018 05:10 pm)

Manufacturer of the steelPHASE Audio Enhancer, GPX4500, Equinox 800, Eureka Gold, Minelab Pro-Find 25, numerous experimental detectors/circuits and coils. (Another GPZ7000 in the future)

12 users like this post: dam it, Mackka, Trash, ProspectorPete, Chewy, Tathradj, RM Outback, Wishfull, AngerManagement, Eluvial, Deepseeker, Colchap

Mackka
12 July 2018 05:31 pm

What's that, can you speak up please?
I would be interested to see the results.
Mackka

mbasko
12 July 2018 05:37 pm

Be good for people deafened by overuse of enhancers devil lol

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

8 users like this post: SteelPat, ChrisM, Heatho, lordo.1, Syndyne, ctxkid, Tathradj, Dolphin

Chewy
14 July 2018 09:05 pm

Looks like it could be a good thing for people who can't hear so well, but it might also be game changer for detecting those spots where the emi is over the top. A mate of mine has just got 1 and will hopefully get a chance to use it while I'm still over in GT. I think he has Monday off. I'll keep ya posted how it goes.

Here gold gold gold gold.

5 users like this post: hermann, mbasko, ProspectorPete, Diggerman60, Wishfull

Chewy
19 July 2018 06:43 pm

Okay, so I'm back home the land that gold forgot and have data again. So here is what happened. My mate set up the eye spy as per instructions which are included. (Before this it's worth noting a few observations. Although he was told it didn't come with batteries, it came with rechargable 9v batteries and a charger. The charger had plugs of the type used overseas but also came with an adapter to be able to use it. It was a poor fit and I'm not sure it was the right adapter for use in Australia, however it did work. My mate gave it a charge but not fully. The build quality looks a little cheap with plug fittings glued into the plastic housing. But it is still a works in progress as I understand it. After setting it up on his detector, a GPX 5000, he said the mounting bracket needs to be angled back a little.) We went out to a spot we have pulled some gold out of before that has a very strong emi pulse courtesy of a buried telstra cable running through the area. Old mate fired up the 5000 and after a quick set up of the detector dialled in the eye spy. The eye spy light only came on when a target was encountered and remained unaffected by the copious emi, which could be heard through the headphones which were also plugged into the adapter supplied with the eye spy. A metal fitting in the headphone adapter jack supplied with the eye spy kept falling out along with the headphones lead (ss300 headphones no problems with them). This fell out 2 or 3 times, although it didn't effect the operation of the eye spy. It did what Wazza said it does, lights up when a target is encountered and was unaffected by emi. The light is pretty visable and is quite noticeable when it lights up or flashes as you pass the coil over a target. There are a few bugs to be worked out in regards to adapters and fittings but the unit itself worked fine until the batteries went flat. They weren't fully charged so I don't know how long you might expect to get out of them on a full charge. Anyway that's my brief experience with Wazzas eye spy, and I will let you good people make up your own minds on if it might be suitable for you. Cheers Andy. smile

Here gold gold gold gold.

8 users like this post: aussiefarmer, OzzieAu, mbasko, Tathradj, hermann, Diggerman60, Wishfull, Matt80

Wazzas EyeSpy
21 July 2018 01:52 pm

Hi all interested and concerned about Chewys report on my EyeSpy. The units are not glued together with plastic plugs the base is screwed on and the screws are coated in silicon for warranty purposes. The square power socket also has silicon around it to stop dust and moisture entry. My cable from the battery is 1.5 meters long and my fittings do not just fall out by any means unless pulled. Maybe the issue is the headphone cable length? The customer also bought a rechargeable battery charger and batteries from me as an extra and was told it was a cheap overseas unit. Its working fine as I said it would. The mounting bracket can be bent to suit each operator or detector as it is a universal one. At the right angle for you the light can't be missed in any sunlight. Any further questions feel free to contact me at wazzas.eyespy@gmail.com
Cheers to all Wazza.

5 users like this post: Tathradj, Ridge Runner, Ship of fools, Chewy, Matt80

Tathradj
21 July 2018 02:55 pm

More than welcome Wazza.
Brilliant product for those who are hard of hearing.
Feed back is crucial so feed away. big_smile big_smile

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , QED, 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck of a lot of determination.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends. Maybe one day Lucky.

Wazzas EyeSpy
21 July 2018 08:32 pm

Hi all I just thought I'd let you also know for those asking about a vibration system. I have that covered and can possibly fit to my EyeSpy as a extra later this year. Can make it work off the original unit but of course there are costs involved. I did a lot of research before the final unit was finished such as according to medical studies green is the last colour you see before going blind so that's why the EyeSpy has that colour indicator and can be seen clearly in direct sunlight. Red pigments are harder I've tried. Its in Gold Gem and Treasure this month so buy your copy and have a look. It does what I have said it can. Cheers Wazza.

7 users like this post: aussiefarmer, RM Outback, Chewy, Dolphin, Diggerman60, Wishfull, Ded Driver

RM Outback
21 July 2018 09:13 pm

Sounds like a great product Wazza thumbsup.

hermann
21 July 2018 10:05 pm

After I see a video of the Eyespy connected to a GPX I will probably buy one. FOr now I can see a little problem with the wires connected to the Eyespy coming out straight, with the connectors at 90degrees would be less chance to damage them or to rip them out in thick bush.

PhaseTech
Phase Technical
Phase Technical
06 August 2018 03:26 am

mbasko wrote:

Be good for people deafened by overuse of enhancers devil lol

Or people who have their Volume Limit on 20 tongue

Agent for Minelab, Nugget Finder, Nokta Makro, Quest, Detech, SteelPhase - Phase Technical Website
Digging with PhaseTech on YouTube

2 users like this post: Dolphin, Mungass

nesral
09 January 2019 10:07 am

I would like to hear from someone that is using one on an Garrett ATX or at least see/hear a video of same.