Highbanker information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive made a few longer pioneer series highbanker hoppers lately for teams of blokes and a few small scale mines in wa. Its really not that hard to knock up a nice long hopper capable of taking 4 ot 5 buckets of dirt whike another digs and one clears and a few cart. Sounds like a good camp to me

Hi guys im looking to go to the next step and purchase a highbanker I've finally got the approval from the financial officer and want something small to run a recirculation set up as where we normally go there are only puddles of water im currently looking at the Keene mini max power sluice/ highbanker setup or the 8" gold rat highbanker i would really like to hear peoples opinions the good the bad and the ugly

Thanks
Mark

Just be aware that a puddle won't be enough, even a little 8in will make the water so muddy and dense the difference in gravity will get closer and closer to one another and the capture rate will turn to crap.
Bankers operate well with clean water.
Don't scoff at the humble old cradle if water is scarce.

Also pumps don't like muddy water either unless they are trash pumps.

Thanks for the tip mackka ive already spent half of last night lost in there and a lot of getting side tracked
OP i never thought about the specific gravity being a factor the area where we go i could easily have some sort of settling pond then flow back into the primary pool of water filtering through the rocks
Thanks Jamie for the feed back and mudgee for the PM and chat lots to weigh up, back to the world of youtube and google for me tonight
Cheers

G'day Mark,
I too have been considering a Highbanker, and after a lot of research I have gained a lot of interest in the 8" Gold Rat Highbanker with 3000GPH electric pump.
The dream mat is what won me over. It appears to collect more fine gold than other mats, and is easier to clean.

All I have to do is sell my XP Deus detector and I'll probably be ordering one. :Y:

Just a thought.
You may want to consider what state you are in, as highbankers with pumps have been banned in some states, you don't want to go spend a lot of cash on something that you can't use, and if you do, could cost you a hole lot in fines

Hi guys thanks for the info i ended up with the keene mini max power sliuce. I liked the idea that it can be used as a sort of highbanker, river sluice and a clean up sluice. I think i was in the shop for a good hour trying to decide which one to buy. So far its a nice little unit and folds up nice and compact easy to set up and very adjustable. Took it out to enfied just after getting it as i couldnt help myself put about 6 or 7 buckets through it with a clean up half way and at the end ended up with under half a bucket of concentrates. Set it up at home with the different mat and ended up with about 40 bits of color some being able to be picked up. Heading out sunday hopefully pending on weather for a full day session with the family so that'll put it to the test. Ill let you know how it goes
Cheers,
Mark

XIV said:
Just a thought.
You may want to consider what state you are in, as highbankers with pumps have been banned in some states, you don't want to go spend a lot of cash on something that you can't use, and if you do, could cost you a hole lot in fines

Thanks XIV, you certainly raise a good point. :Y:

Fortunately I am in Victoria where we can Highbank with pumps.

Markoman03 said:
Hi guys thanks for the info i ended up with the keene mini max power sliuce. I liked the idea that it can be used as a sort of highbanker, river sluice and a clean up sluice. I think i was in the shop for a good hour trying to decide which one to buy. So far its a nice little unit and folds up nice and compact easy to set up and very adjustable. Took it out to enfied just after getting it as i couldnt help myself put about 6 or 7 buckets through it with a clean up half way and at the end ended up with under half a bucket of concentrates. Set it up at home with the different mat and ended up with about 40 bits of color some being able to be picked up. Heading out sunday hopefully pending on weather for a full day session with the family so that'll put it to the test. Ill let you know how it goes
Cheers,
Mark

Good stuff Mark.
Let us know how it goes for you.

I was using a 'Prospecting Supplies Australia' Highbanker today. Their little one.
A mate bought it and we gave it a run today. It did well. We were surprised at the amount of microscopic Gold it captured!!! And 3 good size pickers. So it captures a wide variety of sizes.

Unfortunately the width of their banker is only 250mm so a 10 inch Dream mat can't be fitted into it. Pity.

XIV said:
Dream mat comes on 8, 10 and 12 inch mats.
So that shouldn't be a problem.

Yep, can use the 8" Dream mat by adding spacers down each side of the bottom tray, but can't cut 4mm off the 10 inch mat, and obviously the 12" is way too big :lol:
So only the 8" can be used in the Sluicy 250mm highbanker.
OR . . . fold up a 254mm (10") bottom tray.

I haven't forgotten to update you guys just been flat out with work hopefully get the computer out on sunday or monday and update you with how i went and some pics but got some gold and even some gems just to keep the missus happy

Markoman03 said:
I haven't forgotten to update you guys just been flat out with work hopefully get the computer out on sunday or monday and update you with how i went and some pics but got some gold and even some gems just to keep the missus happy

That would be good Mark. :)

Video would be helpful.

Dragon Man said:
XIV said:
Dream mat comes on 8, 10 and 12 inch mats.
So that shouldn't be a problem.

Yep, can use the 8" Dream mat by adding spacers down each side of the bottom tray, but can't cut 4mm off the 10 inch mat, and obviously the 12" is way too big :lol:
So only the 8" can be used in the Sluicy 250mm highbanker.
OR . . . fold up a 254mm (10") bottom tray.
Hey mate thats tru the 8 inch is an easy option but i do also on occasion cast mats to order by adding a 2mm shim on each wall reducing the width by 4mm. Not something i publicize but certainly happy to cast on request its not a big deal