Squirrels Equinox Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, i like the coppers too Capa :Y: Silver will shoot me for this, but Silver is Silver, :eek: and the coppers all vary, depending on their age and cleaning method used or not used. ;) if you line up a hundred silvers and a hundred coppers, the silvers will all look relatively the same :eek: but each copper will be unique :D and therein lies the beauty. ;)
caparobertsan said:
Nicely Clean Coins especially love those Coppas!

there's another bucket lister ticked :Y: Although, i think the Ham? in the centre is buckled, but i dare not tamper with it too much, it is thin. It is a nice dog tag GP, thanks mate. :Y: Shame yours got wounded. :(
Goldpick said:
Nice doggie tag and Christmas hamper medallion, unlike your medallion mine had a digger wound through the middle. :| :Y:

Yeah, looks the goods D79, but all EPSN mate. :| But the little one is a match for the little fork i got from the same site, wonder if the knife is there :rolleyes:
Dave79 said:
Very nice collection. one of the spoons looks like solid silver too. Ker-ching! Think a spoon is still the most valuable think I've found!

The snail is cool Scrounger, i was talking to the property owners son today and he thinks it's his grandmas. So when the owners come home i'll check whether it has sentimental family value before i clean it up better. :Y: The thimble is a really good example, just a small dent. As with buttons, i also like thimbles ]:D
The Scrounger said:
That is a pretty flashy snail :) surrounded by other interesting items,and a humble thimble.

Nice :Y:

Secret Squirrels said:
You know, i like the coppers too Capa :Y: Silver will shoot me for this, but Silver is Silver, :eek: and the coppers all vary, depending on their age and cleaning method used or not used. ;) if you line up a hundred silvers and a hundred coppers, the silvers will all look relatively the same :eek: but each copper will be unique :D and therein lies the beauty. ;)
caparobertsan said:
B A N G.....~ :eek:

:8 :8 :8 Ha ha ha i knew that was coming old mate. ]:D
silver said:
Secret Squirrels said:
caparobertsan said:
B A N G.....~ :eek:

If theres no thread than I doubt it's an ice cream cone :D ]:D ]:D .Though it may have been made for a bit of garden hose.
I really have absolutely no idea mate. :8 ...Sorry :Y:

We've had a fair bit of rain so i took a different route out to a clients property today. :| on my travels i spied 2 nice looking farm ruins :cool: so i searched my cadastre map and found the owner's and paid them a visit to seek permission to hunt :p Happy day's :lol: they both said yes, :Y: now i'm itching to have a crack at them and see what's hiding beneath our golden soil. 8) We'll call them WL1 & WL2 ;)

On Saturday, i was lucky enough to have mrs squirrel help me on a cleaning job so i could take the afternoon off and hit those farm sites. :party: :Y: Spent about 3 hrs at WL1 and although the grass and sour sobs are tall i still managed to find some coins :) I might take a mower or snipper out there next visit. :p

WL2 was pretty much disappointing, looks to be a lot of horse gear and shot gun primers around, but there should still be some good stuff hiding somewhere. Again, the grass is overgrown and i only spent an hour as it was getting dark.

In both places i had trouble accurately pinpointing with the nox, and the pro pointer was only registering a target once i was right on it, then it would sound off through my head phones :| must be something to do with the wet rich soil?

1532314782_dsc03011.jpg

The well worn 6p is a 21

1532314852_dsc03012.jpg

I did a little experimenting for Lord & smokey. ;) The two top rows of 1c and 2c were tumbled and dermezed. The 2c in the third row was CAB & dermezed. The first 4 1c in the 4th row were tumbled, cooked and dermezed. The last 1c in the 4th row and the entire 5th row were CAB, cooked and dermezed. all cooking was at 150 degrees and only for approx 5 mins, any longer and they would have changed colour. the possum pic had just started to go.

1532315678_dsc03014.jpg

Cheers mate, i will do some more test cleaning myself in the next few days.
Looks to me like the CAB is working well which is good for me as i dont have a tumbler :8 .
I found the CAB seems to take a little longer than vinegar and salt to clean right up. Out of curiosity apprx how long were they in the CAB?

I just put enough water to cover the coins then sprinkle a little CA in and stir. I let soak for about 10 to 15 mins, turning once, then hit them with some Soda (yes the coppers). if they need more, resoak, just clean the soda off properly as it neutralises the CA.
LORD said:
Cheers mate, i will do some more test cleaning myself in the next few days.
Looks to me like the CAB is working well which is good for me as i dont have a tumbler :8 .
I found the CAB seems to take a little longer than vinegar and salt to clean right up. Out of curiosity apprx how long were they in the CAB?