⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave79 said:
HippyProspecting said:
Awesome effort, surely ya wife has to admit that there's a nugget among that lot!

Lol
She conceded that there was a picker or 2 in this lot but i think im going to have to bring home a welcome stranger mk2 before she agrees to call one a nugget 8.(

She doesn't even have the fever yet, so what does she know

Two hours and seventeen 10 lt buckets in the banker down the creek was stocked :p
1531909151_20180718_192207.jpg

1531909208_20180718_192118.jpg

Geeze there are some nice pics on here lately. Nice work guys. Makes me glad i cant figure out how to post pics off my new phone. Lol. My last trip yielded maybe 40 specs for half day panning 8.( oh well just good to be out in the bush

dam it said:
:) Nice results for a week :cool: But how's the back today :Y: or :N:
:N: Think i over did it, not used to hard yakka these days but we must stop the fever when we can mate.

jamiealdridge said:
Hi Aussie - its crown land but not many people know about it (hunting the yellow does) - its a funny spot because the gold is all in the top foot and a half of gravel, then it vanishes. I had the banker going with the battery and bilge pump today. Probably about 3 hours all up.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...4177_ec85c0c2-98dc-4181-9109-309e77c513fd.jpg

been digging that creek for a while now started going there at 13 but since the shooters don't look where there shooting before shooting I rarely get out there anymore. used to be good but well known now. not to mention all the dam lead shot in the creek.

On the couple nicer days we had last week me and a couple of mates headed bush to see what we could find. They are used to swinging a detector but I'm used to panning and sluicing of which they were keen to experience. Arriving at our spot I was pleased to see the creek was flowing....JUST! I built a small dam to create some better flow where I needed it and there was just enough flow to run my 8"inch Gold Rat sluice with dream mat. With only about 1/2"inch of water flowing over the mat I was sceptical that there was enough flow for the mat to do its thing but it still managed to pick up even the smallest of flour gold in vast quantities. It blows me away how small an amount of cons are in a clean up with this mat but it still grabs the gold.
Final weigh in was only .5 gram but that is due to 3 blokes enjoying ourselves with a few too many bevvies instead of production :cool:
1532259372_gold3.jpg

1532259398_gold2.jpg

1532259422_gold1.jpg