Adelaide detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w_deeee

Wayne
Reaction score
G'day everyone,

The name is Wayne and I'm an Adelaide based newbie who has his hands on a Equinox 800. I'm keen to get out there and learn everything about detecting, so any tips will be appreciated.

I went for the EQX 800 because of the gold feature, eventually I want to get a GPZ 7000 and start looking for that yellow stuff. For now pretty content with scanning the beaches and checking out the Adelaide hills, fell free to recommend any spots!

Also I've never joined a forum before, so this should be a testament of my enthusiasm :Y:

Thanks!

Hi W_Deeee, welcome.
There is loads of information on this forum and a very supportive family.
My biggest suggestion would be get over 10 posts so you can see and access more information.

Using the search button will help a lot.

1528942008_capture.jpg

Good luck HH

Gday mate. I've had my equinox 800 for nearly 3 months and while its a weapon on the beach and grass I'll be stuffed if I can get it to run quiet in gold mode. I'm in a highly mineralized area so will be interesting to hear how it goes with South Aussie dirt. It doest pick up reasonable size gold nuggets in field mode 2 on air tests and seems to be a lot quieter than gold mode.

Hey Dave,

I haven't had much time in Jupiter Creek as yet, but the time I've spent there the Equinox wasn't too bad in gold mode. I'll head up there again soon and try some different areas where the soil might be a bit tougher and let you know how it goes :Y:

Wayne.

Latest posts