WHY is Multi IQ, BBS, FBS Better than single frequency?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldpick said:
As OldGT mentioned, the end game is to achieve results - whether that is via a multi frequency, single or selectable frequency detector, it doesn't really matter. Also hard to pitch one against or give opinions when many users of the Equinox have never owned or used a Deus, and likewise Deus owners not having any time on the Equinox.

Regardless of the Nox being multi-frequency, I think the main evolution comes with the improved recovery/processing speeds to enable it to perform much better than previous MF detectors over junky/iron infested ground - that is where I am seeing people getting improved results.

Whether one is better than the other is something an individual has to try for themselves to see whether it suits. I'm just happy to see forum members using a variety of detectors, and how their finds improve over time as experience is gained. :)

Cant comment on the Deus, or any other non minelab machine, but the Nox does outshine the ctx in the water , not wet sand but actually in the water . Apart from that everything Heatho said .

I'll break this down nice and simply without getting into technical differences.

CTX3030 - Fantastic on wet sand, very good at ID'ing targets with ferrous component, stable ID at depth

Equinox - Faster recovery, not quite as deep as 3030 on wet sand but better than single freq machines, again stable ID but maybe not quite a good as 3030

Single Freq - Very fast, longer battery life, switchable freq options to target specific target sets, but not at the same time.
I love my Impact and the Kruzer, but on the wet sand the 3030 (and any FBS/BBS machines) still rule the depth stakes.

For most machines inland it comes down to how well you gel with your chosen machine. You have to become master of not only driving it, but also learning what it's saying to you. A veteran coin hunter swinging an old Tesoro will probably still smoke a newbie swinging a Nox that has 4 hrs on the machine.
BUT....both down at the beach, there is nothing that the old guy with his Tesoro can do to compensate for the fact that his machine just can't handle the salt signal.

Latest posts