Dron's Equinox 800 Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dron

Dron
Reaction score
I bought a Nox! I think I got a lucky one because I tried it out in my back yard and my first target was a 1966 1c piece!

Look out all you treasure detectorists because I have only put a few hours on it and already have some cracking finds! :cool:

On the first day in the field picked up a cricket buckle! Looks like it was gilt approx 6cm x 5cm. Rang up as TID 25. And 2 buttons, TID's 14 & 15.

On my second day I detected an old tennis court and found a $1, 1941 penny and a St Christopher fridge magnet! Turns out he is the patron saint of Bachelors so I think that's a good omen :)

1531827097_800findsfront.jpg

1531827164_800findsback.jpg

Congrats Dron, you scored some beauties:
- a cricket buckle, with part of the cloth belt *still attached
- part of a snake buckle
- and a predec,
- and old buttons

o, and that cricket buckle, is a design I havent seen before ie: centre-piece and back plate, are new ones to me :)

I would like to add pictures of it to the buckle book if your agreeable?

thanks -brian

brianincnb said:
Congrats Dron, you scored some beauties:
- a cricket buckle, with part of the cloth belt *still attached
- part of a snake buckle
- and a predec,
- and old buttons

o, and that cricket buckle, is a design I havent seen before ie: centre-piece and back plate, are new ones to me :)

I would like to add pictures of it to the buckle book if your agreeable?

thanks -brian

Yes I would love to contribute to your book, I will clean it up a bit more and take some better photos for you though. Any guesses as to how old it might be?

hi Dron,
I would date your buckle 1860-1870. why? well based on its construction, type, shape, its consistent with the date ranges in the book for buckles, that have registry stamps of that era.
cheers -b

Nice work mate, don't leave those treasures all sad and lonely in the ground. Bring em out so everyone can admire them!

Awesome start Dron, looks like a return trip to that spot is in order as it has some great age......and hopefully the other side of the snake buckle.

Looking forward to following your NoX adventures :cool:

Great stuff, Dron

Coincidentally, on my first day out relic hunting with a borrowed detector I also found a cricket buckle.

I thought "there is nothing to this detecting business," but of course it was just beginners luck!

That button is a killer,a top design with the map of Australia standing proud :party:

The Irish Moss or similar was sold in America by what some called a - Snake Oil Salesman :cool: but saying that I am pretty sure it would have some benefit if not getting a little tipsy :lol:

Nice effort :Y:

Nice finds Dron :Y: and even better presentation of the hunt mate ;) i wonder if it's the camera or setting you are using that makes those targets stand proud? the hind leg of the roo really jumps out as well as the button. Top Job 8)

Hi Ya'll,

Here are some more great finds I have had with the NOX so far this month.

1533860905_dronfinds.jpg

The 3 gram speccy was a bit of a fluke I think, don't think I could do that again. Blew me away rang up as a TID 9 - gave a good solid tone, was running in factory settings Field 2 at the time, only down about an inch.

Also my second St Christopher relic! on the back it says "I'm a Catholic - In case of accident, please notify a priest."

My mate has also been having a go (we take it in turns using the detector the other person digs) and has also found some cool stuff. He also got a Chinese coin same as mine, last night he got a 1906 Penny I don't have a photo of yet. Not sure what the crusty coin is but it looks roughly the same size as my half penny and I think I can see a head on it.

1533860964_jordy_finds.jpg

Close up of the back of the religious pendant:
1533860990_sacredheart.jpg

Close up of trader tokens
1533861018_trader.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this thing is?
1533861046_thing.jpg

He also found this cool handmade looking bangle:
1533861136_bangle.jpg

The NOX is great fun, so light to swing, I'm starting to get the hang of it now. Next week though I think I'm going to focus more on looking for gold!

That is some cool old ground that you are hunting over :party:

That silver bangle belongs in the August find of the month competition I reckon.

Top hunt with more to follow :Y:

Latest posts