Underground Mines - Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Dean65, good to see you are still heading out there and sharing what you find with all of us who are too scared to do it ourselves.....keep em coming

revisiting an old steam engine used to power a local sawmill in the 1880s

sadly since then parts have gone missing someone has taken the wheels and other bits off it and idiots have shot it up as well

1531756548_p1040047_-_copy.jpg

1531756567_p1040046_-_copy.jpg

1531756608_p1040045_-_copy.jpg

an older photo of it before 1970s spot the difference ( not my photo )
1531756939_36121321_1959895670747877_9003732219700707328_n1_-_copy.jpg

Such a shame people have no respect for items of historical significance!

Around 15 years ago a guy from gippsland posted online a location with pics of a very historical and reasonably intact WW2 aircraft that crashed
in the North East of Victoria, within 3 weeks the entire aircraft and site was totally stripped of all the remains.

People are like termites.

Swinging & digging said:
Such a shame people have no respect for items of historical significance!

Around 15 years ago a guy from gippsland posted online a location with pics of a very historical and reasonably intact WW2 aircraft that crashed
in the North East of Victoria, within 3 weeks the entire aircraft and site was totally stripped of all the remains.

People are like termites.

yep there was a large 20 head crusher up near lake Eldon that got knocked off in the 1980s the rumour is that they took a truck in there pulled it apart piece by piece and sold it to a buyer in the us for a small fortune. I think sometimes certain relics and mines should never be posted online as it just attracts the wrong people.

Heaps of mining relics were stolen after big fires burnt through the High Country in 2003 i think it was.
A few years later when fires were near Gaffney,s Creek i heard the Police set up a road lock and searched
4WDs for a significant number of stolen items from heritage listed sites.

Termites at it again.

Swinging & digging said:
Heaps of mining relics were stolen after big fires burnt through the High Country in 2003 i think it was.
A few years later when fires were near Gaffney,s Creek i heard the Police set up a road lock and searched
4WDs for a significant number of stolen items from heritage listed sites.

Termites at it again.

I think leaches is better : ) termites eat wood leaches suck the life out of you haha

Hello everyone. I live in Bettina Ballarat and been out every day for months without success in locating old tunnels. Can anyone provide co-ordinates?

Latest posts