1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RM Outback said:
Follow Tathradj's instructions and it'll shine :Y:, white is earth Brown is power.

Took me all of 15 minutes to twist the wires together and test to see if I had the right wires connected.
Hardest part was checking the brake lights worked :rolleyes: bloke next door came to my aid..all good now...just need to finish permanently wiring every thing together and secure the wire in the camper floor..and I can criss another task off the to do list...
:D

When I'm on my own and need to check brake lights during daylight hours I pull the driver seat full forward and grab a stick or a bit of pipe break it or cut it to length and jamb it between the seat and brake pedal :Y:.

1 inch electrical conduit cut to size would be a permanent solution tool for the job :Y:. Electrical conduit being orange in colour should help you find it if miss placed.

I generally just use a Jack Handle jammed between the brake pedal
and front seat.
Just not quick enough to take my foot of the pedal and run around
to see if they are working. :D
Oh, when checking parkers over brake when wiring up,
Do them once at a time.
If you get weird things happening like the whole lot come on or
things are just not right, Check that all your earths are to the white wire
in the loom and it is actually earthed properly to the vehicle on it's plug.
I have seen a lot of folk's come undone on this one. LOL
Oh, All earths return to the vehicle chassis in this case.
Not through the vehicles wiring loom earths.
Big Hint.
Use good quality trailer plugs and sockets that are very high quality and
use some really thick stuff to earth to vehicle chassis.
Late model vehicles. Very different.

RM Outback said:
When I'm on my own and need to check brake lights during daylight hours I pull the driver seat full forward and grab a stick or a bit of pipe break it or cut it to length and jamb it between the seat and brake pedal :Y:.

1 inch electrical conduit cut to size would be a permanent solution tool for the job :Y:. Electrical conduit being orange in colour should help you find it if miss placed.

limpalot said:
Can always sit your big nugget on the brake pedal.
After i wired every thing up permanently, i got The left over piece of round plastic water pipe and jamed the brakes on :Y:
Tomorrow im making a self for the front open section so I can slide the kitchen underneath when traveling and use it when set up ..
Just need to go visit a mate with a table saw to cut everything. :Y:

Pipe work for plumbing just about finished.

1531532934_625b39de-1334-4a0f-8b73-9dfd0701d418.jpg

1531533007_9e985089-4e23-473f-b2f5-2e608b51d7c1.jpg

1531533095_39c890fd-118f-4291-b352-c3dc110da2ef.jpg

Next is build a half width wood shelf 1m x 500 x 550, so the camp kitchen can slide under and I have some wher to mount the cig usb sockets LED light connection.
1531533631_b72d5555-d39c-461d-ba87-82b5b84b6546.jpg

Hi mate, using clear plastic hose in your water supply will encourage and grow mold.
The blue food grade hose is the stuff to use.

Redfin said:
Hi mate, using clear plastic hose in your water supply will encourage and grow mold.
The blue food grade hose is the stuff to use.
limpalot ..Make sure you have a tap at the tank, incase of a hose brake, I have 2 on a tee ; one to drain the tank.
Cheers Redfin
I bought the cleqr hose from bunnings they advertise it as food grade so I Thought it would be the right stuff to go with will have to look into it more..

limpalot good Idea mate
Another excuse to visit bunnings today ...i can ask about the clear plasitc pipe and grab a in-line tap/valve..an a couple of sausage sangas while im there :D

Dihusky said:
As Limpalot mentioned, a tank drain is critical in order to easily clean the tank. We clean our tanks annually to ensure the water remains drinking quality.
Almost finished, all the plumbing is in and functioning.Tap and an outlet hose to drain the tank for cleaning ..just connect the power and switch and its good to go..

limpalot said:
I find it handy to drop the water as I leave camp for home and loose some weight. Not that I'm overloaded with nugs. :Y:
If only !

Ran live wires to the pump this afternoon to check every thing worked the way its should.. :rolleyes:
Yep had leaks in the system.. first on the outlet side of the pump, a couple of the hose clamps needed tightening.. easy fix ..then the water filter was leaking, so I had to take it out of the system, as I need to replace the rubber O ring in one end.. :(
Then I find that the intake valve to the water tank has a leak.. :eek: and the inline tap i bought at bunnings leaks :mad:
Had to take the tank out which took an hour and wrap teflon tape around the thread ..
I will try it again tomorrow and see if i have plugged all the leaks..

nucopia said:
limpalot said:
I find it handy to drop the water as I leave camp for home and loose some weight. Not that I'm overloaded with nugs. :Y:
If only !

Ran live wires to the pump this afternoon to check every thing worked the way its should.. :rolleyes:
Yep had leaks in the system.. first on the outlet side of the pump, a couple of the hose clamps needed tightening.. easy fix ..then the water filter was leaking, so I had to take it out of the system, as I need to replace the rubber O ring in one end.. :(
Then I find that the intake valve to the water tank has a leak.. :eek: and the inline tap i bought at bunnings leaks :mad:
Had to take the tank out which took an hour and wrap teflon tape around the thread ..
I will try it again tomorrow and see if i have plugged all the leaks..

If I encounter plastic to plastic or plastic to metal I use 'Stag' never had any leaks with it.

I used Protek Type P Green High Pressure Cement Solvent on the PVC pipes, I did not want to use it on the clear plastic pipes because I thought that hose clamps would be enough..Maybe the water pump I have is too strong.

Latest posts