WHY is Multi IQ, BBS, FBS Better than single frequency?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I think this point they make is very interesting.

How many simultaneous frequencies? you may ask, wondering if this is a critical parameter. Minelab has been carrying out detailed investigations into this in recent years. Just as you can colour in a map with many colours, the minimum number to differentiate between adjacent countries is only 4 a tough problem for mathematicians to prove, over many years. Similar to the map problem, its perhaps not the maximum number of frequencies needed to achieve an optimum result, but the minimum number that is more interesting. When it comes to frequencies in a detector, to cover all target types, how the frequencies are combined AND processed is now more important, with the latest detectors, than how many frequencies, for achieving even better results.

hAyyoUinAU said:
PS.
For those that are unaware.

Multi-IQ is not all 5 frequencies running together. Eg, it is not 5, 10,15, 20 and 40 all at the same time.
It is its own frequency in a sense.

Thanks Man,.]:D

The I.Q part is the key to how the equinox works.....

Again this is not a pissing Comp I don't care that you swing an equinox or a CTX or any other machine.
As long as your getting your Jolly's and finding cool stuff does it really matter?

The Key to any detector is knowing how it works and how to take advantage of the features your particular machine has.

If you don't know how those features work how is one supposed to know its running at optimum Levels?

In all honesty I never know, I know what worked here yesterday but sometimes the most subtle change on your machine will have massive consequences on your results, both good and bad.

Also that same change 500 meters down the road may have completely different results.

Love the Passion in the posts BTW!

My Point is, Love your machine and get to know it intimately (Not in a weird way though). Knowledge is key and I hope this inspires people to look a bit deeper at what they are using and why they are using it. The devil is in the details ]:D

Clegy

P.S just a pot stir, I really like how the CTX has been dragged down to the level of $1,000 detector (Equinox 800 $1039 at Anaconda) yet it still retails for $2495 last time I looked.
It still amazes me that CTX owners haven't stormed the minelab headquarters and held a few software geeks hostage while they prepare an update for your updateable machines. The guy that does the marketing at Minelab is a freakin Genius!!!!!

I think 'pricepoint' is the key here. Minelab worked out that the $2,500 market is a limited one, but the average Joe Bloe is more comfortable forking out $1,000. I wonder if XP is working on a similarly priced new product (not just a watered down Deus)?

I think that, technology aside, the other big selling point of the Equinox is how light it is. When I put it down and pick up my E-Trac, I feel like I m weight training. My shoulder loves the Equinox. Now, if only Minelab would release the extra coils. ?

Deus Lite in Version 5 is that machine. Due Very soon, I order my stock today.

The WS4/5 Unit picks up a load of features from the remote and will be a very capable detector at that price point.
More that $1300 range though.

Now Just using headphones you can adjust:

Frequency Shift for the 35 available. (NEW)
Reactivity, you can now access all 7 speeds (NEW)
Audio response, make the little deep stuff sound out more (NEW)
Iron Volume, Turn it up or down to suit your needs. (NEW)
TX Power, TX is raw grunt and has 4 settings 1-3 and boost (NEW) Separate from sensitivity that's a different thing altogether.
Automatic ground Tracking, Auto ground balance for variable soil. (NEW)

Still has:
Frequency change for main frequencies 4, 8 , 12, 18 and 25 (
Ground Balance
10 presets programs
Descrimination
Sensitivity
Number of tones from 2,3,4,5 FULL
Audio Volume
Accepts upto 5 Coils
Accurate TID Numbers you can rely on.

The WS4 can also be stem mounted so you can use the TID system.

Existing Deus owners have all these features added to their current WS4/5 for FREE.

Lite has always been popular in The UK, but their hunting style is so different from ours the lite didn't really suit Aussies.... Until now.

Clegy

Fnx50 said:
I think that, technology aside, the other big selling point of the Equinox is how light it is. When I put it down and pick up my E-Trac, I feel like I m weight training. My shoulder loves the Equinox. Now, if only Minelab would release the extra coils. ?

Agree, Although weight is not a problem for me at 880 grams. Nearly a half Kilo lighter than the equinox. LOL

Clegy

clegy said:
P.S just a pot stir, I really like how the CTX has been dragged down to the level of $1,000 detector (Equinox 800 $1039 at Anaconda) yet it still retails for $2495 last time I looked.
It still amazes me that CTX owners haven't stormed the minelab headquarters and held a few software geeks hostage while they prepare an update for your updateable machines. The guy that does the marketing at Minelab is a freakin Genius!!!!!

So what makes you say that Clegy? I really don't see it. The CTX has way better discrimination than the Nox or the Deus, it detects deeper than the Nox, not sure how it compares with the depth of the Deus. It way out performs the Deus on wet sand. I still regularly use my CTX over the Nox on the beaches around here.

Have a look through my finds threads and you'll see how it and the Nox both perform.

The only 2 ways the Nox out performs the CTX is in extremely heavy trash and on jewellery like fine gold chains.

All I can say about the CTX being brought down to $1000 status is pull the other one mate. ;) :)

What have you been finding out in the field lately, anything interesting?

Heatho said:
clegy said:

So what makes you say that Clegy? I really don't see it. The CTX has way better discrimination than the Nox or the Deus, it detects deeper than the Nox, not sure how it compares with the depth of the Deus. It way out performs the Deus on wet sand. I still regularly use my CTX over the Nox on the beaches around here.

Have a look through my finds threads and you'll see how it and the Nox both perform.

The only 2 ways the Nox out performs the CTX is in extremely heavy trash and on jewellery like fine gold chains.

All I can say about the CTX being brought down to $1000 status is pull the other one mate. ;) :)

Like I said Just a pot stir mate.
I agree the CTX Kills the equinox, but many many others don't. All I was saying is wouldn't an Update for your updateable CTX be nice at some stage as it was a feature used to sell them. That's all. I think its genius how there is barely a wisper about a CTX upgrade. I truly Truly don't get it. if i still owned one I would be sending a few choice emails to minelab. Like I did about the build quality of my Equinox.

Cheers Heatho, Be down that way in september we should catch up for a beer. Hoping to have a little treasure hunt somewhere down there for a bit of fun with a few prizes.

Clegy

clegy said:

there is still no better coin/relic machine on the market, if there was i'd have one :Y:

why fix something that is not broken :rolleyes:

Just melting my butter for the popcorn..Well I personaly love the Nox and have no need for a ctx..dues or any other machine...I could have brought either...or any.....but chose the Nox..and I'm glad I did.. it will find everything and more that any other detector in that price range will find.. :Y: in the right hands of course.. :Y:Just chucking in my 2cents..GO THE NOX :D ]:D

ctxkid said:
clegy said:

there is still no better coin/relic machine on the market, if there was i'd have one :Y:

why fix something that is not broken :rolleyes:
When did you get a Nox :eek: :Y: :p

Why even stir the pot Clegy? Aah I see - now the agenda behind the thread is revealed. Marketing spin for the new offerings. Genius Clegy ]:D :lol:
More pot stiring:
XP Deus marketing spin "No need for a new detector with free upgrades".
How much for the new overpriced coils you need to unlock the full purpose/potential of the "free" upgrades? :p
Do you honestly think if they couldn't sell new coils with the upgrades that XP would be doing them or as many either? They just throw a few gimmicks in to keep the previous buyers happy & thinking that they got something for free :eek: ;)

mbasko said:
Why even stir the pot Clegy? Aah I see - now the agenda behind the thread is revealed. Marketing spin for the new offerings. Genius Clegy ]:D :lol:
More pot stiring:
XP Deus marketing spin "No need for a new detector with free upgrades".
How much for the new overpriced coils you need to unlock the full purpose/potential of the "free" upgrades? :p
Do you honestly think if they couldn't sell new coils with the upgrades that XP would be doing them or as many either? They just throw a few gimmicks in to keep the previous buyers happy & thinking that they got something for free :eek: ;)

LOL At least we get offered upgrades and not total new machines instead.

Deus has the detecting hardware in the coil so to update the actual bit that does the detecting the coil needs to be updated in Full. The software upgrades have outgrown the current coils capacity. That's why they cost more, the coil is the detector.
9 Years, 3 major Upgrades and if you bought a Deus in 2009 it is as good as a deus bought today and you have 9 years experience with the same detector, so one would assume you would know it pretty well.

That's the idea behind Deus and XP Products in General mate, One detector for LONG TERM ownership supported by a long 5 Year warranty and the ability to fix any component even 20 years after you bought it. With regular updates so you get a few new toys to play with in the sandbox every now and then and keep you keen.

We don't supersede our gear with other models and we never expect you to ditch your Deus for the newest one as the one you have can be brought up to spec for a fraction of the cost of a new machine.

Its customer focus and supporting XP Owners for long term enjoyment of the Hobby. You'll never see 2 XP machines being compared to each other. O:)

WOW this got off topic didn't it.

I guess when you get bashed everyday for 3 years on every post you make you get a bit defensive sometimes.
I just wanted to know if people understood the machines they where buying and I got my answer ages ago so Sorry I'll crawl back into my hole. Should be doing my postage anyway, Now why haven't those labels printed? LOL

Cheers Folks

Clegy

Doesn't the DEUS have a powered coil???

Not a great selling point for me, remembering to keep one battery charged is good enough for me.

I think all the machines are good in their own way. And some suit others, some don't.

But credit should be given where credit is due. And Minelab has nailed the Equinox in both performance and price range.

Good luck finding anything that matches it for the same price. You won't.

Also, the processors and the speed of the equinox is faster than a CTX and most detectors due to it being a later model. Is it better??? Well maybe, maybe not, each to there own, and conditions.

Putting down your opposition and their products only serves to diminish your own. A basic rule for selling.

clegy said:
Heatho said:
clegy said:

Like I said Just a pot stir mate.
I agree the CTX Kills the equinox, but many many others don't. All I was saying is wouldn't an Update for your updateable CTX be nice at some stage as it was a feature used to sell them. That's all. I think its genius how there is barely a wisper about a CTX upgrade. I truly Truly don't get it. if i still owned one I would be sending a few choice emails to minelab. Like I did about the build quality of my Equinox.

Cheers Heatho, Be down that way in september we should catch up for a beer. Hoping to have a little treasure hunt somewhere down there for a bit of fun with a few prizes.

Clegy

No worries Clegy, just let me know when you'll be down here and I'll PM you my phone number, be great to have a swing and a beer, plenty of good spots around here for a swing.

Heatho said:
No worries Clegy, just let me know when you'll be down here and I'll PM you my phone number, be great to have a swing and a beer, plenty of good spots around here for a swing.

throw me a line to0 , i need to see the latest ;)

Even if there's a little bit of cheek and hurt in throwing it up I have got to respect a bloke throwing it out there in the first place. Kinda feel a bit silly for weighing in but I tip my hat to you Clegy, haha, credit where credits due.

I can't weigh in on the Nox vs Dues argument, but I can share a couple of insights.
The old dues is a good bit of kit, no question about it, and is still on the list of buy and hold.
The Nox is though a pretty ramped up machine at its price point. And still a good lightweight detector, something Minelab had yet to deliver. Well its here, and the Nox good to great-not amazing but still a keeper, notwithstanding it's obvious limitations.

It's still the same old argument though...a dues or ctx in the wrong hands will fail to outshine the Nox in experienced hands. I've been pretty low key on the Nox, but it has some surprises up its sleeve if you get serious about seeing what it can do. I got it with three purposes in mind. Find me coins, specifically goldies, in highly mineralised soils . Check. Find me regular beach treasure. Check. Find me treasure not yet found by the Fisher. Ultimate tick. If anyone figures out what the Nox does that few others can they will get a pleasant surprise. Certainly opened my eyes especially at a low entry point in terms of $. But each users journey is their own. I'll leave it up to the curious blokes to figure it out, but I will say it's not a detector I'll ever sell.

I don't need hype, I just need results. Cheers.

As OldGT mentioned, the end game is to achieve results - whether that is via a multi frequency, single or selectable frequency detector, it doesn't really matter. Also hard to pitch one against or give opinions when many users of the Equinox have never owned or used a Deus, and likewise Deus owners not having any time on the Equinox.

Regardless of the Nox being multi-frequency, I think the main evolution comes with the improved recovery/processing speeds to enable it to perform much better than previous MF detectors over junky/iron infested ground - that is where I am seeing people getting improved results.

Whether one is better than the other is something an individual has to try for themselves to see whether it suits. I'm just happy to see forum members using a variety of detectors, and how their finds improve over time as experience is gained. :)

Latest posts