You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

nucopia
03 July 2018 02:59 pm

Hearing you LoneWolf.
Its such a shame much of our manufacturing industry has been lost and we are now exporting raw matirels and importing finished products instead of making our own for local consumption and exporting the excess..
With the Anderson Type plugs...
I never really thought about weather the the plugs I received free when I bought things on ebay were genuine or not ..they work fine and fit with each other... so no issue with them as far as I can tell..
thumbsup

every day is an adventure
NAPFA Member

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

Goldchaser1
03 July 2018 03:02 pm

Yeah I’ve been buying the ones off eBay,cant tell the difference,ran them for a few years now,$20-30 each in Kal for the originals,come in spinner.....

2 users like this post: nucopia, LoneWolf

LoneWolf
03 July 2018 03:50 pm

Yes the Government was warned years ago and they did nothing about it.... Look at Ford, Holden, Telstra, Petrol companies, the list is endless... All moving Overseas with a lot more to follow... roll
If I was a 'Working' fellow I could afford to by Brand names... But Im not.... So I hunt for the Bargains... I bought 30 of the plugs and use them for everything... Great quick release on My Compressor, Inverter and overhead Console I made for Mitzy .... wink

Don't despair about the time Your build has taken you Nuc, Remember Rome wasn't built in a Day... wink As you say Do it once, Do it Right... thumbsup thumbsup

LW....

Last edited by LoneWolf (03 July 2018 03:57 pm)

Growing Old is Inevitable.... Growing Up is Optional....

nucopia
03 July 2018 04:28 pm

Cheers LoneWolf
Im taking my time and the camper is taking my time too ..
Seems I get one thing done and find I have another three four our even more things that need doing..
It seems never ending.

I need to sort another battery tray and clamps to secure the second deep cycle batteries in the camper trailer tool box.
Repair the water tank or replace it, then connect and secure the hoses , drill holes in the camper some where to fit a water intake point and an some where else for the overflow hose plus buy and wire in a gauge for the water tank plus find some were to mount it thats accessible when I’m filling the tank..

I also still need to lay out and connect all the wiring ,lights cig sockets/USB, and find a place to mount them inside the camper ????? Wire in the water pump and switch and then the LED lights and switches (adventure Kings kit), drill holes in the tool box and camper and put 20mm round conduit for the wires from one to the other and then install box conduit inside the camper.

Rewire and mount new trailer break/indicator lights ,change the gas struts for the bed frame, weld on the gas bottle holder.
Install teflon to the bottom of the slide out kitchen unit and install some aluminium angle for the kitchen to slid on and then some thing to secure and lock the kitchen in place when we travel..

Replace the bed frame wood due to water damage , will probably use marine ply and replace the side board on the bed frame, then put a new slide bolt on the side door.
With this list and the way things are going, I could be busy every day for a few months and still not be finished.
sad

Last edited by nucopia (03 July 2018 04:46 pm)

NAPFA Member

1 user likes this post: LoneWolf

LoneWolf
03 July 2018 08:03 pm

Make a white-board list and you can cross off each item as you do it... Looks like you are getting somewhere after a few items are crossed off... thumbsup

LW....

nucopia
03 July 2018 08:14 pm

LoneWolf
This thread is like my white board in a way wink I also have a list written out..
The thread is also a good place for feed back and ideas..
I only wish I had a sparky who could drop by and make sure I'm doing the right thing so I dont stuff things up roll

NAPFA Member

LoneWolf
03 July 2018 08:22 pm

Take a pic when you do it in steps and post on here and every-one will try and help you through it..... thumbsup After all We are here to help.. thumbsup . lol

Don't worry about doing something wrong as after all its only 12v and the Tingling Feeling after your 5th or 6th Zap goes away after a little while..... devil devil

LW....

Last edited by LoneWolf (03 July 2018 08:29 pm)

1 user likes this post: nucopia

nucopia
03 July 2018 08:41 pm

LoneWolf wrote:

Take a pic when you do it or in steps and post on here and every-one will try and help you through it..... thumbsup After all We are here to help... lol

LW....

TBH LoneWolf.
I dont know where to start with the electric wiring.. My main concern is drilling holes in the wrong place, and or if I cut and waist electric wire..
I wont even think about doing the rear tail light rewiring yet..I recon I will have to study that job and get a good idea of what needs doing ..
If push comes to shove, I'll just put on the portable tail light board I used when I went to W.A last year..until I know what I am doing or some one can show me..
Some of the other stuff I can muddle through my self and I hope not make too many mistakes.. roll
I think tomorrow, I will give the inside of the camper a good clean and then have a go at repairing the water tank and reinstall it . Then connect the hoses , drill holes in the camper some where to fit a water intake point and an some where else for the overflow hose..that should keep me busy for at least another week.. cool

NAPFA Member

nucopia
10 July 2018 06:11 pm

Finally got a couple of hours this afternoon to do some work on the camper.
Fitted a lockable tap and pvc pipes under the camper to eventually connect to the water pump inside the camper.
Have to make a stone shield to protect the pipe work eventually also.
1531206603_a501ffec-18e7-4864-960a-23937975a14a.jpg

1531206629_9927bf7a-5fd4-4884-a9b6-4a2c21f5db3b.jpg

Last edited by nucopia (10 July 2018 06:12 pm)

NAPFA Member

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Trash, Goldchaser1

junkdog
11 July 2018 03:34 pm

Got to one of the cheep dollar shops and pick up some lengths of kids floaty pipes with a about a one inch hole in the middle and pass your water pipes through them ,,,good stone protection and stop the pipes freezing if you go to a cold valley over night....

Small and Lite. Xpointer pro,, walbanker , river sluice .partridge in a pear tree..

2 users like this post: nucopia, Billy

nucopia
11 July 2018 04:38 pm

junkdog wrote:

Got to one of the cheep dollar shops and pick up some lengths of kids floaty pipes with a about a one inch hole in the middle and pass your water pipes through them ,,,good stone protection and stop the pipes freezing if you go to a cold valley over night....

Brilliant idea junkdog..thanks !

NAPFA Member

nucopia
11 July 2018 05:17 pm

Cut and conected all the hoses to the water pump and tank ..not finished yet ..still have to replace the vinal flooring with rubber matting..any way just wanted to see how it all fits together.

1531287582_65f4a271-99cd-498e-af18-fcecedfa5b3c.jpg
1531289794_31a97223-f4ee-4ebd-83ab-dea2eda59664.jpg thumbsup

NAPFA Member

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Jaros, Billy

nucopia
12 July 2018 06:30 pm

Replaced the trailer lights this afternoon, haven't wired them up yet.
Have to work it out firts ..obviously red to red wire, white to white and brown to brown etc ..but i have to wire in the number plate light and thats got me stumped roll
Time to consult google and study a wiring diagram glasses

Last edited by nucopia (12 July 2018 06:33 pm)

NAPFA Member

Jaros
12 July 2018 07:30 pm

If they are LED's the side of one is clear plasitic and does the job whem parking lights are on. Happened to me as well.

Lottsa hope :F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250,Aldi detector, ? detector,Garmin Etrex30, 2 sieves,2 pans,2 sluices, Nugget sniffing Cocker Spaniel. X-Pointer PI by Deteknix, Jobe Knife, Leschke Shovel, Pro-swing 45 Harness, Treasuremate 11 Amp.Gurney gusunder. VK4NLS

nucopia
12 July 2018 09:07 pm

Jaros wrote:

If they are LED's the side of one is clear plasitic and does the job whem parking lights are on. Happened to me as well.

Yeah Jaros they are LED's with the clear plastic on the side. But now that they are mounted on each side of the camper they dont shine enough light on the number plate ..i have a dedicated light over the number plate that i just have to connect the right wires up, to get it working....

NAPFA Member

Tathradj
12 July 2018 10:00 pm

One wire one the led light goes to white, (Earth)
The other goes to brown. ( Power when park lights are on. )
Remember that Led lights are polarity
wired.
It will work one way but not the other.

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, Phantom 4 Pro, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck
of a lot of determination.Not to mention Luck.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends.

2 users like this post: nucopia, RM Outback

nucopia
12 July 2018 11:50 pm

Tathradj wrote:

One wire one the led light goes to white, (Earth)
The other goes to brown. ( Power when park lights are on. )
Remember that Led lights are polarity
wired.
It will work one way but not the other.

I watched a few youtube vids tonight and I think I have it sussed now .. I will know tomorrow if I got it right or not ..

NAPFA Member

1 user likes this post: Tathradj

Jaros
13 July 2018 09:48 am

Lottsa different LED's around--good luck mate.

Lottsa hope :F1A4M2, Exterra 705 Gold, Ace 250,Aldi detector, ? detector,Garmin Etrex30, 2 sieves,2 pans,2 sluices, Nugget sniffing Cocker Spaniel. X-Pointer PI by Deteknix, Jobe Knife, Leschke Shovel, Pro-swing 45 Harness, Treasuremate 11 Amp.Gurney gusunder. VK4NLS

nucopia
13 July 2018 11:07 am

Thanks tath & jaros
I will connect the wires tempararly today and hook it up the the prado to test. Im pretty sure now I understand it a bit better, that i can get them working..

NAPFA Member

RM Outback
13 July 2018 12:21 pm

Follow Tathradj's instructions and it'll shine thumbsup, white is earth Brown is power.

1 user likes this post: nucopia

nucopia
13 July 2018 01:20 pm

RM Outback wrote:

Follow Tathradj's instructions and it'll shine thumbsup, white is earth Brown is power.

Took me all of 15 minutes to twist the wires together and test to see if I had the right wires connected.
Hardest part was checking the brake lights worked roll bloke next door came to my aid..all good now...just need to finish permanently wiring every thing together and secure the wire in the camper floor..and I can criss another task off the to do list...
big_smile

NAPFA Member

2 users like this post: Jaros, Ship of fools

nucopia
13 July 2018 04:46 pm

Water tank plumbing is finished, tail lights done and working.. off to Bunnings to get more twin core wire conduit and other knick knacks I need, then the reject shop for kids floaty pipes big_smile ...
I will upload pictures later ..im on a roll lol

Last edited by nucopia (13 July 2018 04:47 pm)

NAPFA Member

2 users like this post: RM Outback, Ship of fools

RM Outback
13 July 2018 05:34 pm

When I'm on my own and need to check brake lights during daylight hours I pull the driver seat full forward and grab a stick or a bit of pipe break it or cut it to length and jamb it between the seat and brake pedal thumbsup.

1 inch electrical conduit cut to size would be a permanent solution tool for the job thumbsup. Electrical conduit being orange in colour should help you find it if miss placed.

limpalot
13 July 2018 05:42 pm

Can always sit your big nugget on the brake pedal.

Home made sluices x 2 & highbanker, ATX, Garret Supa Sluice, Quanta pan, 2008 - minelab 4500

2 users like this post: RM Outback, Dron

Tathradj
13 July 2018 09:13 pm

I generally just use a Jack Handle jammed between the brake pedal
and front seat.
Just not quick enough to take my foot of the pedal and run around
to see if they are working. big_smile
Oh, when checking parkers over brake when wiring up,
Do them once at a time.
If you get weird things happening like the whole lot come on or
things are just not right, Check that all your earths are to the white wire
in the loom and it is actually earthed properly to the vehicle on it's plug.
I have seen a lot of folk's come undone on this one. LOL
Oh, All earths return to the vehicle chassis in this case.
Not through the vehicles wiring loom earths.
Big Hint.
Use good quality trailer plugs and sockets that are very high quality and
use some really thick stuff to earth to vehicle chassis.
Late model vehicles. Very different.

RM Outback wrote:

When I'm on my own and need to check brake lights during daylight hours I pull the driver seat full forward and grab a stick or a bit of pipe break it or cut it to length and jamb it between the seat and brake pedal thumbsup.

1 inch electrical conduit cut to size would be a permanent solution tool for the job thumbsup. Electrical conduit being orange in colour should help you find it if miss placed.

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, Phantom 4 Pro, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck
of a lot of determination.Not to mention Luck.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site