XP Deus V5 to be realised with new X35 coli (35 Frequencies)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
I Just noticed this new release from XP for the Deus, version 5 and X35 multi frequency coil, FYI

BELOW IS TAKEN FROM XP WEB PAGE www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/update-deus/new-x35-coils-and-deus-v5-update/

1530742512_img_4369.jpg

New X35 coils and DEUS V5 update

Over the years, the XP DEUS has continued to evolve, especially with the FREE software updates allowing the user to benefit from our advancing technology without the need to buy a new machine.

XP have been regularly introducing new accessories, such as the MI-6 pin pointer which connects directly to the DEUS, lets not forget the super light and incredibly stable new HF coils which have taken the Deus to a new level.

This month XP are pleased to announce the upcoming release of 3 new search coils for the DEUS accompanied by a new FREE version 5 update which will also be available soon.

The X35 search coils:

Designed around brand new electronic advances, these new high performance and versatile coils will allow you to choose from a wide range of frequencies ranging from 3.7kHz to 27.7kHz. In total there are 35 available frequencies, based around 5 main frequencies that are quickly accessible.

A new Boost mode is now an option on frequencies 3.7Khz to 4.4 kHz and can significantly increase detection depth on highly conductive targets, such as large masses and large Silver coins. For added performance on such targets we recommend the larger coils such as the 34/28 cm (13 x11) or the 28cm (11) round coil. These new coils will be available as options at the same prices as the previous coils from the end of July 2018, and they will be supplied as standard with the DEUS from September 2018.

X35 coil main characteristics:

Total of 35 frequencies 5 main frequencies with 7 wide offsets 3.7 to 4.4kHz, 7.1 to 8.4kHz, 10.5 to 12.4kHz, 15.2 to 17.8kHz, 23.5 to 27.7kHz
Selectable frequency offset without loss of performance.
TX power adjustment is available on all frequencies and offsets
Special Low frequency TX Boost feature:
Normal or Boost option The transmitted power has 2 selectable levels when using frequencies 3.7Khz to 4.4kHz.
The BOOST mode significantly increases the transmission power of the transmitting coil, allowing greater detection levels if the soil conditions allow.
TX boost is a special mode, the battery life of the coil may be reduced down to 6 hours.
The overall battery life of the x35 coil has improved on most frequencies by +10% to +40%
High frequencies 23- 27.7kHz Excellent sensitivity to low conductive targets and small targets.
Better overall stability
The X35 coils are available in 22cm (9), 28cm (11) and 34 / 28cm (13 x11) and will work with the DEUS in version 5.
Version 5 (V5.0): FREE Update Windows PC only

DEUS UPDATE v5-01

The new update allows you to accept and use the X35 coils and all their features listed above without the need to buy a completely new detector! Also the version 5 update includes some new features to the WS4 and WS5 wireless headphones, now they have become even more versatile!

WS4 / WS5 new features:
Reactivity
TX Power
Automatic Ground Tracking
Frequency offset (35 frequencies with the new X35)
Iron volume
Audio Response
Ws5v2

These new version 5 settings are active even if you do not have a new X35 coil. A nice gift for all DEUS owners who just use the headphones!

To compliment my 9" LF coil I was looking to pull the trigger on a new HF coil soon, I might hold off to see what the above new release of the X35 coils are like?

Unfortunately as I am a relatively new member I cannot post the direct XP link until I make 10 posts, perhaps a seasoned member can link it?

Cheers.

Aggggggg! Oh no! I wish factory can upgrade my new now old 11 inch coil with small fee! O:) 8.( :mad:
But many improvement on headphone feature as well! Thanks XP! Does not look like it has FBS/BBS/Multi IQ feature as yet. ]:D

caparobertsan said:
Aggggggg! Oh no! I wish factory can upgrade my new now old 11 inch coil with small fee! O:) 8.( :mad:

Oh, I get you. You wish our old coils could be updated, to have the same functionality as the X35. No company would do that.

rocketaroo said:
caparobertsan said:

Oh, I get you. You wish our old coils could be updated, to have the same functionality as the X35. No company would do that.
I guess I might get 9inch because I feel 11 inch one I have is bit too large and heavy,,,,, Christmas present wish! O:)

These guys are pretty cluey so Im surprised they havent developed simultaneous multi frequency detectors yet.

Looks like in the absence of their "hoard finding" dual coil setup they might have introduced to a boost function to help locate such targets (large/deep targets). Don't think I would personally benefit too much from upgrading to the new coils other than the greater spread of frequencies. If you don't already own a 9" coil, then probably a worthwhile upgrade. I wonder whether these will now be the stock coils for the Deus.

Another benefit over the HF coils is that the TX power is adjustable on the X35, though must say that I rarely touch this feature on the stock 11" and 13x11" coils.

The free additional settings on the WS4's will be useful for those that don't already own the main control box, or if preferring to run with just the WS4's (ie. Detecting in wet conditions).

Might see a few LF 13x11" and 11" coils hitting the second hand market soon as owners move over to the new coils.

Capa,I think you will really like the 9" coil, extremely lightweight and will unmask better than the 11" coil.

Goldpick said:
I wonder whether these will now be the stock coils for the Deus.

As above in the fine print:

"These new coils will be available as options at the same prices as the previous coils from the end of July 2018, and they will be supplied as standard with the DEUS from September 2018"

I guess, Minelab has world wide Patents on BBS/FBS/multi IQ so Even, XP can do it and do it better, they won`t be able to release it. I am sure engineers in XP are loading up special wet beach multi frequency Firmware in there own Deus detectors and doing wet beach hunt just fine.
Really, Only place I am doubting Deus performance is wet beach only. So far I found deep aluminium cans only-
I was just thinking, maybe they should make PI wireless coil head for deus. That would be the easier solution! ]:D ]:D ]:D

Thanks Corker, I missed that last bit of info. Capa, the Deus isn't the best wet sand beach detector around, needs to have the right combination of settings, sensitivity and ground balance to run stable, in that respect I prefer the Racer 2 which works well on the wet sand and is a lot easier to ground balance to salt.

Always tempting to upgrade coils, though have to ask yourself whether you will see any real benefits in doing so. As I already have the 9" HF, LF 11" and 13x11" coil, they pretty much cover most of my needs.

Yeah, i really dont need new coils. I really dont think it will make any difference. I am already finding deep three pences anyway. If go deeper, i will only find more three pences anyway. I just need new spots for large silvers! :Y: i will be jealous with new Deus owners. Thats all :mad:

I wouldn't be too worried Capa, you've already got a great detector and I don't think all those frequencies will really make much of a difference, maybe they would make it way too confusing.

How many frequencies do you need really?

I think the Deus already covers most bases.

Heatho said:
I wouldn't be too worried Capa, you've already got a great detector and I don't think all those frequencies will really make much of a difference, maybe they would make it way too confusing.

How many frequencies do you need really?

I think the Deus already covers most bases.
Yes yes you are right! I better save money and buy nox600 when on sale. ]:D

Having 35 frequencies is like my mountain bike with 21 gears, you now have many more ways of being at the wrong setting.

On my wish list from XP is a 15 or 16" HF coil.

Cheers Mate,
here is the Link.
http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/metal-detector/deus-update/

Always download from the XP site and follow the instructions for hassle free upgrading.

Any Drama or questions, please either Facebook me, Call me or send an email.

Walkthroughs are 1 schooner as Usual.

Should I Upgrade without the X35 Coil?

I would! There are some gains in Battery Life and your WS4/5 will become a mini Weapon with the new features added.
From what I am hearing this update is mainly to introduce the X35 coil hardware but there are some gains as well as far as the backend Firmware is concerned.

I'm upgrading Mine in about 15 minutes from this post and I will have some reports in 24 hours on what it does to my machine.

X35 coils and machines are due to leave France before 14th August.

Cheers Folks,

Welcome to Version 5 of the Xp Deus!

Clegy

It Looks like they Might get a Working App for Mobile Devices as well

Smartphone application GO TERRAIN

GO TERRAIN is an application for IOS or Android smartphones, designed to optimize your Deus experience. Key features are : Geo-locate, a real time map and the ability to make an inventory of your finds.

More information on our website available coming soon.

The new software will make the Deus Lite package more of an attractive option for those that cannot afford the complete package. All XP need to do now is make a version of the WS4 controller with backlighting, as it can be a pain to change settings in low light conditions.

Another option they could think about is making all the coils in both black and white finishes, as the white coils are great at night for seeing the location of the coil when pinpointing.

X35 Coils are on the way as are the X35 Kits, Got em early again. LOL

In stock in about 7-10 days. (Currently Passing Through Dubai)

Multi frequency? WHY? It seems to be an obsession in Australia. I have tested the Equinox and deus side by side and the only advantage to multi I can find is in the wetsand. Although V5.1 is pretty damn quiet so far in testing on my horror patch.
The equinox is simply a better detector than minelab have made in the past, I truly don't believe the Multi Frequency is the full story as the single frequencies run quite well in my testing. Want deep big Silver turn off multi and go hard on 5Khz best depth IMHO.

X35 Feedback:

Here is my latest Email I sent yesterday with some X35 Info in it.

https://mailchi.mp/4a7930b91881/xp-deus-x35-update-and-general-news?

Once I get my Hands on them I'll have something more intelligent to say.

Cheers Folks any questions Please contact me Via the website or Facebook.

Happy Hunting

Clegy

Latest posts