eureka!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I went for a drive with the family today to do a bit of bush walking and prospecting.
I decided to go on a short drive to one of the smaller gold producing areas as i am yet to find any gold and didnt want to take the family to far and come home empy handed again.

We got to our spot and walked along a exempt creek until we found a dried up tributary. We walked down along that tributary for a k or 2 until we found a good spot that had some big rocks on a inside bend and some water to pan in.
I put the family to work straight away and a few pans in we found a couple of tiny flecks of gold :) 8) :D
Its wasnt much at all and the camera couldn't even pick it up but WE FOUND GOLD.

The little one loved the day and didn't stop telling me he had so much fun the whole way home and maybe we might get rich. I didn't have the heart to say we only had about 1 cents worth, if that.
Im glad he enjoyed the day though.

I didnt take a photo of our spot because of those darn claim jumpers, you know ;)
1524383728_20180422_165755.jpg

1524383751_20180422_165651.jpg

1524383778_20180422_165716.jpg

I will go back and do that for sure jaros. I only had the panning kit and a couple of small garden shovels in the backpack today. I was surprised how much exposed bedrock there was.

Jaros said:
Emptying some of those crevices might be worth the effort. Just filll up a bucket or two and pan in your spare time.

Do you suggest that he do so in the crevices underwater? Or the ones exposed which were previously underwater during heavy rain?
(sorry - beginners question!).

Jim0000 said:
Jaros said:
Emptying some of those crevices might be worth the effort. Just filll up a bucket or two and pan in your spare time.

Do you suggest that he do so in the crevices underwater? Or the ones exposed which were previously underwater during heavy rain?
(sorry - beginners question!).

The crevices in the dry gully for the reason you mentioned :Y:

Latest posts