Deus in the Diggings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pogmahon

Graeme
Reaction score
Hi all,

I haven't posted for a few weeks but found myself out East of Maldon, Central Vic. midweek. I own a QED PL2 which has pretty well been shelved since i got the Deus.

Running the Elliptical white coil at 77Khz I'm finding i rely more on the Hot Program than the Goldfield program in the hotter variable ground, i vary my GB method but prefer Pumping as it is accurate and fast. It's easy to flick from one to the other as conditions dictate.

Anyhow, I am stoked with the Deus's ability to tame hot dirt and as such i decided to tip the QED out and rely on the Deus for all my detecting addictions.

In closing I'll say that I'm a long way from being an expert in the gold hunting game, in fact the reason for my trip was to take in a little tuition from a local who definitely has the runs on the board. No gold unearthed this day, however, i managed to find 3 miner's buttons and an old spoon which I'm yet to identify from its markings. I was pretty stoked with this discovery and only scratched the surface as we had to get back to Geelong at a reasonable hour.

Cheers Graeme.

1530916423_maldon_spoon.jpg

Really nice work mate, I think your running the Deus perfect in the hot soil. Switch between 9 and 10 is exactly what I found to work best in the Victorian hot ground.

Also Like yourself my biggest hurdle to finding gold is my complete lack of knowledge at finding where it is actually located. I have progressed from starting at any random point to reading the ground and making a very uneducated guess at where to start.

Still its a damn lot of fun and 75% of it is the Journey.

Happy Hunting mate look forward to seeing those gold finds soon.

Clegy

Latest posts