Smokey's Equinox 800 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Smoky, just caught up on your thread, haven't seen any posts since you purchased the Nox. You are killing it man. My fav out of all the targets are those three crown buttons, i think i have developed a button fetish for some reason, ha ha (weirdo). I love the way the thrippies pop out so so deep, no other machine can emulate that. I too have not found any rings since using the nox, and i'm beginning to think it's operator error. I think i may have been walking over them and ignoring the low tones as alfoil, Doh. Back in post #65 you cleaned up some pennies , hp's and a tag. they came up real nice mate, it looks as though you have sealed them? may i enquire what you use to seal your finds? Also has the green on the targets remained static, because of sealing? or has the green got worse over time? sorry to bug you with questions, nice hunting skills and great posts mate keep them coming.

Secret Squirrels said:
Hi Smoky, just caught up on your thread, haven't seen any posts since you purchased the Nox. You are killing it man. My fav out of all the targets are those three crown buttons, i think i have developed a button fetish for some reason, ha ha (weirdo). I love the way the thrippies pop out so so deep, no other machine can emulate that. I too have not found any rings since using the nox, and i'm beginning to think it's operator error. I think i may have been walking over them and ignoring the low tones as alfoil, Doh. Back in post #65 you cleaned up some pennies , hp's and a tag. they came up real nice mate, it looks as though you have sealed them? may i enquire what you use to seal your finds? Also has the green on the targets remained static, because of sealing? or has the green got worse over time? sorry to bug you with questions, nice hunting skills and great posts mate keep them coming.
Hi there SS good to see you back. :Y:
I just sprayed them with cooking oil after tumbling...the green does come back after a while.Ive heard that dermaid cream after tumbling seals them well ...though I have not tried it yet.No rings for me either mate..I still dig all the low double beeps but no luck yet.Im starting to like those buttons as well I really like the one I got today.Cheers Mate thanks for the positive comments :D :Y:

Goldpick said:
Smoky bandit said:
The Scrounger said:
Showground Gold :party:

Those "5" other blokes detecting must have flat batteries :lol:

A very good week :Y:
Either that or they using a ctx or deus mate :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :cool: ]:D :eek: ]:D

More likely the operator than detector, well done on the goldies. ;)
Cheers GP.
.Im just having a bit of fun mate....I personally wish I had a dues..Maybe one day if I keep being a good boy. :Y: :lol:
But most likely the operator like you said ..Haha:p :p :D :D :Y:

Heatho said:
Another very good goldie total Smoky, the Nox will pay itself off in no time. :Y:
Cheers Mate
The area has 1 more cherry picking hunt left in it.Then I will have to start getting serious and see what else is in there...The good thing is it should replenish a few times a year :Y:

I'd be giving that site some good attention mate, I'd probably hit a few of the richer areas from a different angle as well, keep an ear out for any higher conductors too, I'd be surprised if theres no silver rings there.

Awesome spot. :Y:

Heatho said:
I'd be giving that site some good attention mate, I'd probably hit a few of the richer areas from a different angle as well, keep an ear out for any higher conductors too, I'd be surprised if theres no silver rings there.

Awesome spot. :Y:
Yep theres plenty of higher tones.. alot will be different buttons..And the odd silver coin..But I'm sure there are rings there as well... with my cherry picking program everything up to 15 is discriminated that should be ok for silver rings but I may be walking over some gold.....1 more cherry pick then I'll start swinging with an open screen. :Y: :D

Yeah that's exactly the way I'd approach it too. I don't worry too much about gold rings in super trashy areas, it's nearly impossible to find them but in saying that any good large ones should show up between 17 to the low 20's. A couple of good ones I've found with the CTX register at between 17 and 20 on the Nox, a 10g white gold one is bang on 20 and so are a couple of others, the one I got last week was bang on 20 as well. So any around these numbers you shouldn't miss.

I might test a few others and write down the numbers and post them up out of interest.

I for one would be very interested in the ring tid's for the Nox heatho, it would be appreciable if you could post them up :Y: . Sorry to ransack your thread Smoky. :8
Heatho said:
Yeah that's exactly the way I'd approach it too. I don't worry too much about gold rings in super trashy areas, it's nearly impossible to find them but in saying that any good large ones should show up between 17 to the low 20's. A couple of good ones I've found with the CTX register at between 17 and 20 on the Nox, a 10g white gold one is bang on 20 and so are a couple of others, the one I got last week was bang on 20 as well. So any around these numbers you shouldn't miss.

I might test a few others and write down the numbers and post them up out of interest.

Will do, I'll post a description karat, weight and target I'd for each one.

This will not help much as gold rings can be anything due to alloys but it can give an idea of some numbers to look out for.

I'll start a different thread in the minelab section and leave open in case other members want to post theirs as well. :Y:

Gday swingers.
Back to the same spot.. but this time dug all good repeatable tones.Next trip I'll dig the iffy ones..The care taker came over and had a chat and asked if I was digging holes he was concerned about the horse events they have there. I said mostly popping coins out with a screwdriver but showed him a plug and he said that's not an issue...dig where ever you like .He then showed me where the army had camped and where the old bars where..what a nice bloke. :Y: .but he did say theres been a few blokes detect it over the years.(.I really hope it was those other 5 blokes.lol..)
Will have a look around those areas next hunt.
1530916843_img_20180707_6289.jpg
1530916859_img_20180707_36863.jpg
1530916873_img_20180707_31711.jpg
1530916888_img_20180707_26512.jpg
1530916905_img_20180707_12968.jpg

:Y: :Y: Was a fun morning :D

So you have "de-notched" from 21-22 and 17 broadening your search still picking up goldies along the way :party:

From what I see and what you say I gather that the ground is a real peach to dig.

My favourite is the little horsy button {)

Top effort :Y:

The Scrounger said:
So you have "de-notched" from 21-22 and 17 broadening your search still picking up goldies along the way :party:

From what I see and what you say I gather that the ground is a real peach to dig.

My favourite is the little horsy button {)

Top effort :Y:
Yer mate open screen but still choosing the higher tones at the moment..The ground is great down to about 6inches then its rock hard..most of today finds were all around the 6 to 8 inch mark.The skin around palm of my hand is dying off around the large callous :Y:I'm just having my hot cup of cement now :D