Battery position

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking about adapting a backpack to carry my GPX battery, for those times when I explore on foot a fair distance from the car. The front pocket is narrow and would carry the battery snuggly, but it would be in a vertical/end to end position, as opposed to how it sits in the harness. Do you think this would damage the battery somehow, or affect it's operation?

I bought a $25 hydration backpack from ebay. Wanted to carry water and my gpx battery. The particular one i bought has a outer pocket the exact same size as the minelab battery. Does the job perfectly, however the bladder inside was crappy quality, but that's easily fixed by buying a better bladder, the bag was the main thing I wanted. I'll try get a pic for you

Hey Wimbo,

Yeah same here, wanted to include a bladder, some food and a few bits and pieces, but was sick of carrying a pack and harness etc. Rigged up a bag and took it for a spin yesterday... Love it!

Much more comfortable than having the harness and battery tugging at your waist. Battery is sitting end to end at the moment, but will keep an eye out for a different bag.

1530742692_20180705_081240.jpg

1530742740_20180705_081039.jpg

1530742800_20180705_081027.jpg

Latest posts