Grafton NSW area information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there are a lot of areas around the grafton area,just grab a map and head to the hills mate

Just spent a great few days over the weekend camping with my 13yo son at Nymboida, about 40kms west of Grafton. Trip was planned at short notice,sa didn't do a Lot of prior research. Stayed in the camper trailer next to a creek (artificial one for the hydro- no gold) at the Nymboida Canoe Centre.
Drove all around the state forest looking for somewhere to run a couple of Bazookas. Didn't get much of an opportunity as spent most of the time searching for that 'perfect spot!' Lots of fun and good scenery.
The Nymboida river itself looks promising as well as the little Nymboida which has a few abandoned mines around it. Going to do some more research and get back there. Probably take a kayak and prospect with that.
The canoe centre is a good base, run by the local community who are very friendly.

My mate has 200 acres on 'Purgatory creek', out of Jackadry, anyone know that area?

New to the Grafton area but I have a highbanker and a few sluice's I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up one weekend for a dig? I have found gold in the Nymboida river right near that camp ground that was mentioned and have found gold in the Orara river a while ago.
:rainbow:

Blue Dog Prospecting Au said:
New to the Grafton area but I have a highbanker and a few sluice's I was wondering if anyone wants to meet up one weekend for a dig? I have found gold in the Nymboida river right near that camp ground that was mentioned and have found gold in the Orara river a while ago.
:rainbow:
couple of things mate
highbankers are illegal in NSW (Grafton is NSW i believe please correct me if i am wrong)
and the posts were put up in 2015 so they may not be members anymore
hop onto the introduction page and introduce yourself

BDPAu. Well mate it's like Section 12. of The Mining Act. deals with the law regarding fossicking and the like and the ability to operate a highbanker is not banned..it's just that... you can legally use the 'Highbanker'...but just not with a pump..operated by a fuel powered motor...or electrical...so if either those two are used in the 'processing of the Gold or other precious mineral....That is another matter... Which can see you in gaol,and owing Big Bucks in Fines! :mad: ....but you certainly can use your banker,,,using water carried to... or 'Syphoned' to... as well as hand-pumped. :p :Y: :Y:We'll just have to wait and see what we can do to re-use the banker legally using a small capacity pump on the bank of a River somewhere :Y: :cool:...You can help to change the rules and 'Bring back the Banker' BY Joining the ......NSW and the ACT. Fossickers and Prospectors Association....NAPFA....For short! :Y: When yer can it's $25 per year...but it's a chance for you to Raise the True Blue Flag! :lol: :lol: and Join The Rebellion.! ]:D
Welcome to the Forum as well mate..Oh...here's a tip! ]:D Watch out for that bloke 7.62 marksman! :eek: :eek: he's from the.. 8) :eek: DARKSIDE..! :eek: 8) HEHE!.

Do many of you lady's and Gents go detecting around the back of Grafton. i found a nice nugget. would like to with some other Degger

Do many of you lady's and Gents go detecting around the back of Grafton. i found a nice nugget. would like to with some other Degger
Hey mate I've been detecting for year's around coffs and Grafton haven't been lucky enough to find anything other then rubbish lol

Latest posts