1993 Bushman camper trailer refit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hearing you LoneWolf.
Its such a shame much of our manufacturing industry has been lost and we are now exporting raw matirels and importing finished products instead of making our own for local consumption and exporting the excess..
With the Anderson Type plugs...
I never really thought about weather the the plugs I received free when I bought things on ebay were genuine or not ..they work fine and fit with each other... so no issue with them as far as I can tell..
:Y:

Yes the Government was warned years ago and they did nothing about it.... Look at Ford, Holden, Telstra, Petrol companies, the list is endless... All moving Overseas with a lot more to follow... :rolleyes:
If I was a 'Working' fellow I could afford to by Brand names... But Im not.... So I hunt for the Bargains... I bought 30 of the plugs and use them for everything... Great quick release on My Compressor, Inverter and overhead Console I made for Mitzy .... ;)

Don't despair about the time Your build has taken you Nuc, Remember Rome wasn't built in a Day... ;) As you say Do it once, Do it Right... :Y: :Y:

LW....

Cheers LoneWolf
Im taking my time and the camper is taking my time too ..
Seems I get one thing done and find I have another three four our even more things that need doing..
It seems never ending.

I need to sort another battery tray and clamps to secure the second deep cycle batteries in the camper trailer tool box.
Repair the water tank or replace it, then connect and secure the hoses , drill holes in the camper some where to fit a water intake point and an some where else for the overflow hose plus buy and wire in a gauge for the water tank plus find some were to mount it thats accessible when Im filling the tank..

I also still need to lay out and connect all the wiring ,lights cig sockets/USB, and find a place to mount them inside the camper ????? Wire in the water pump and switch and then the LED lights and switches (adventure Kings kit), drill holes in the tool box and camper and put 20mm round conduit for the wires from one to the other and then install box conduit inside the camper.

Rewire and mount new trailer break/indicator lights ,change the gas struts for the bed frame, weld on the gas bottle holder.
Install teflon to the bottom of the slide out kitchen unit and install some aluminium angle for the kitchen to slid on and then some thing to secure and lock the kitchen in place when we travel..

Replace the bed frame wood due to water damage , will probably use marine ply and replace the side board on the bed frame, then put a new slide bolt on the side door.
With this list and the way things are going, I could be busy every day for a few months and still not be finished.
:(

Make a white-board list and you can cross off each item as you do it... Looks like you are getting somewhere after a few items are crossed off... :Y:

LW....

LoneWolf
This thread is like my white board in a way ;) I also have a list written out..
The thread is also a good place for feed back and ideas..
I only wish I had a sparky who could drop by and make sure I'm doing the right thing so I dont stuff things up :rolleyes:

Take a pic when you do it in steps and post on here and every-one will try and help you through it..... :Y: After all We are here to help.. :Y: . :lol:

Don't worry about doing something wrong as after all its only 12v and the Tingling Feeling after your 5th or 6th Zap goes away after a little while..... ]:D ]:D

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Take a pic when you do it or in steps and post on here and every-one will try and help you through it..... :Y: After all We are here to help... :lol:

LW....

TBH LoneWolf.
I dont know where to start with the electric wiring.. My main concern is drilling holes in the wrong place, and or if I cut and waist electric wire..
I wont even think about doing the rear tail light rewiring yet..I recon I will have to study that job and get a good idea of what needs doing ..
If push comes to shove, I'll just put on the portable tail light board I used when I went to W.A last year..until I know what I am doing or some one can show me..
Some of the other stuff I can muddle through my self and I hope not make too many mistakes.. :rolleyes:
I think tomorrow, I will give the inside of the camper a good clean and then have a go at repairing the water tank and reinstall it . Then connect the hoses , drill holes in the camper some where to fit a water intake point and an some where else for the overflow hose..that should keep me busy for at least another week.. :cool:

Finally got a couple of hours this afternoon to do some work on the camper.
Fitted a lockable tap and pvc pipes under the camper to eventually connect to the water pump inside the camper.
Have to make a stone shield to protect the pipe work eventually also.
1531206603_a501ffec-18e7-4864-960a-23937975a14a.jpg

1531206629_9927bf7a-5fd4-4884-a9b6-4a2c21f5db3b.jpg

Got to one of the cheep dollar shops and pick up some lengths of kids floaty pipes with a about a one inch hole in the middle and pass your water pipes through them ,,,good stone protection and stop the pipes freezing if you go to a cold valley over night....

junkdog said:
Got to one of the cheep dollar shops and pick up some lengths of kids floaty pipes with a about a one inch hole in the middle and pass your water pipes through them ,,,good stone protection and stop the pipes freezing if you go to a cold valley over night....

Brilliant idea junkdog..thanks !

Replaced the trailer lights this afternoon, haven't wired them up yet.
Have to work it out firts ..obviously red to red wire, white to white and brown to brown etc ..but i have to wire in the number plate light and thats got me stumped :rolleyes:
Time to consult google and study a wiring diagram 8)

Jaros said:
If they are LED's the side of one is clear plasitic and does the job whem parking lights are on. Happened to me as well.

Yeah Jaros they are LED's with the clear plastic on the side. But now that they are mounted on each side of the camper they dont shine enough light on the number plate ..i have a dedicated light over the number plate that i just have to connect the right wires up, to get it working....

One wire one the led light goes to white, (Earth)
The other goes to brown. ( Power when park lights are on. )
Remember that Led lights are polarity
wired.
It will work one way but not the other.

Tathradj said:
One wire one the led light goes to white, (Earth)
The other goes to brown. ( Power when park lights are on. )
Remember that Led lights are polarity
wired.
It will work one way but not the other.
I watched a few youtube vids tonight and I think I have it sussed now .. I will know tomorrow if I got it right or not ..

Latest posts