Minelab GPX Timings

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These are based around the full set of timings for the 5000, but earlier GPX - pick and choose the ones you have. These are not applicable to other brands, nor the SDC. Diagrams from Minelab. A lot of you with pre-5000s run enhance - makes a big difference, and I still believe its the better 'all-round' timing. Fine gold is the killer on the 5000.

1411260417_a1.jpg

1411260430_a2.png

Ive been running my 4500 with the 11 inch mono coil with the timing set at v-slow. When I bought he 14*9 nugget finder the shop suggested the I might have to run the timing in slow. What does this setting actually mean and do?

PJG - The settings of Slow - Very Slow etc are not Timings, they are Motion Settings and relate to how the detector reacts to the speed of your sweep.

I suggest you read the manual it does explain this..... :)

Ok! So what do the timings do? 8us, 10us plus Seta plus dual volt technology?
What is seta and dual volt technology?

Matt T

This is an overview of GPX timings (nothing to do with motion speed or ground tracking settings). Of course the 4500 doesn't have "Fine Gold".

For the Vic GT, the 5000 can often work with the "Fine Gold" timing, but for the 4500, we generally have to revert to the "Enhance" timing.

Some like to stay in Normal, and just turn down the RX Gain and Stabiliser, but I reckon the graph works for me, and I do what it says.

1530518168_gpx_timings.jpg

Thanks mbasko!
How good is Nenad? The chart does make things a little clearer ( Ill need to make a copy to carry with me ) but you still need to know what your looking for.
Seta and DVT, I have read this before but I dont fully understand it, I will have to trust Minelab in that it makes P.I. better.
Matt T

Thanks BigWave, the GPX seems to be more complicated than more power to the left less power to the right.
I have been following that as a guide but as I get to run it smoothly I lose sensitivity.
Matt T

I'm no expert on prospecting (as a few of you will know lol) but I know a little bit about electronics. Here's a talk I did for my local PMAV branch on detectors.

I tried to keep it as simple as possible so some of the things I talk about are pretty general just maybe not 100% electronically correct (all for the sake of simplicity).

Please forgive some of the ummm and ahhh as I'm not the best public speaker

Thanks a lot SP. A great explanation and expels a myth or two I was struggling with. Going out now to try out some new settings. :Y:

Latest posts