Wals' Hi-banker Specifications

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excelpest2002 said:
hi wal we own a 80acre place withg cabin in Taralga NSW , welcome to poke around, i found what seem to be emeralds there , a deep ravine cut behind cabin is deep and looks manmade cant be just erosion , as i said welcome to go in use the resources dam full of stocked perch too take a few , u r my mentor , jw
Wal doesnt use the forum so much these days , if you get 10 posts up you will be able to private msg him which should give him a email , to alert him of your msg , also once you have 10 posts you will be able to post pictures of the "emeralds" and some gem experts can identify them for you , i think you will find them to be saphires or something .
If you search the gemstone show and tell thread you may see pictures of similar gems as theres 100s of pictures.
Theres lots of good info on here and plenty of helpful people :Y:

Hi All,

I know this thread has been quiet for quite some time but I need a little help. Does anyone have some sloped expanded aluminium for sale as per Wal's specs 100x40x16 ? I am building 2 of Wals' High bankers and like most people having trouble finding the sloped expanded. I'm located in Horsham Victoria.

Thanks,

Jayson

1535360927_f54d9aee-53b9-4fa0-b30c-471dfaa69066.jpg

1535360927_768c1945-9ba8-470a-9f98-74b26d9cc8b9.jpg

1535360927_d984a13a-9b4a-4505-81e3-022cf856d069.jpg

Nearly there
I have the bread tray and the mat from Bunnings
I just cant find the grill to complete the banker
Im in northern suburbs of Melbourne so any advice would be appreciated
:Y:

Looking great Mirrors. The 2 I was building got to roughly the same stage and then stalled as I never found the expanded aluminium recommended by Wal. I hope you have better luck

Yeah Ive seen similar expanded mesh but not what is needed
Ill find some and finish it this weekend
Ill look into the trailers and truck idea as well
Cant wait to run some dirt through it :cool:

Mirrors said:
Yeah Ive seen similar expanded mesh but not what is needed
Ill find some and finish it this weekend
Ill look into the trailers and truck idea as well
Cant wait to run some dirt through it :cool:
Might have to get yourself a semi-trailer to get it to the creek lol - its a mighty big looking piece of equipment

Do you really need EXACTLY the same mesh what is suggested ?
Its like Gold Pans - there are countless permutations and they ALL catch Gold.
Just take a close look at your minisluice and the bigger sluice and the extruded they use - get some like that and it may even work as good if not better

Same dimensions as wals
I could possibly shorten the length but after finding the quartz crystal Id like to keep the gem catcher at the end
Yeah I could try a different mesh but Im pedantic :/

Mirrors said:
I just cant find the grill to complete the banker
Is the grill and the extruded mesh the same thing or different ?
I see you are using punch plate as the classifier whereas wal used electrical conduit cover

The grill on top is free and Im sure will be just as good if not better
Im after the expanded mesh you see on most gold shows on Foxtel lol
To complete the sluice
The grill Im using I have shitloads of so if anyone needs some let me know

Im in Ballarat, I have both types of expanded spare. Bit hard to post but if u can pick it up your welcome to a sheet of each.

ok Cool Ill let you know
This weekend Im working on the mat and crate and pan some dirt I brought back from Blackwood but maybe the following weekend?

Latest posts