work placement

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackrox999

jack
Reaction score
Hi guys
im a 4th year mechanical engineer at wollongong university and need to complete 12 weeks full time work placement. I am looking to do it within the mining community as thats where ive had a passion for years. I really am looking for experience within a mine to lead my future into full time employment. if this is something that anyone would be keen to take on i would be stoked to hear back. I dont have a worry about location at all as i am more than happy to travel
Regards
Jack

Nothing yet. Been calling a few companies with no luck. Calling some more today to be hopeful. Trying some manufacturing companies now as well
Cheers

Nah not in the Hunter. I've tried a few in Wollongong area but just waiting on responces. Many companies get worried about it and so the person I talk to then has to talk with a few others around the place then get back to me that usually takes a couple days/weeks for some reason

I suppose that one problem might be that you are competing with students of Mining Engineering at UNSW and other places for internships with mining companies.

Is it completely up to you to find a placement, or does the Faculty or the Work Integrated Learning section at UOW assist?

I'd look at the bigger mining companies like BHP, who have established intern programs (and take a range of people, including mechanical engineers).

https://www.bhp.com/our-approach/work-with-us/graduate-and-student-programs/australia