Navara electrics upgrade

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Went over to my son's for the weekend, we did a upgrade of the Navara's dual batteries and other wiring he was not comfortable about; fussy B . Rewired the driving lights, longer than needed wires going every where; set the second battery up in a tool box across the tub between the wheel arches, put the red arc at the battery and improved the power into the battery. Wired cig lighters and usb's and the CB off the second battery into the cab. Put an Anderson plug on the bumper and wired for electric brakes. Pulled out other wiring to nowhere and a live bare end wire under the dash. So good fuses and all soldered ends. The rain did not help, and took a lot longer than I thought, but we got there , well after dark with flood lights and a gazebo to shed the drops. :Y:
Should be right for a camp trip now, I think it will do a bit better than the old Falcon; but it did all it had to, I never got stuck with it; so I better shut up or I will Jonna myself. :lol:
Look forward to catching up with y'all in the fields of gold. :party: :rainbow:

Limpa probably to late now unless you wanna do it again :p :D :D :D You can get a neat battery tray for Navara that mounts battery above wheel arch which keeps cargo floor area clear :Y: Dads always come in handy :Y: :Y:
1529309515_navara_battery_tray_1.jpg

I got a large tin tool box from Bunnings $95, had another smaller box inside it too, fits just, between the wheel arches, small box is for all the detecting bits n peices. Just need a couple of lights in the tub, so I can find the esky.

Mate these are a good jigger ...................... small and not intrusive, don't use much power, two stages of lighting with it's own on off switch so no need to wire a separate switch and the on / off button also is luminous which saves fumbling in the dark. Come in different lengths 150 mm, 300 mm, 450 etc and throw a great light :Y:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-150...-Cabin-Lamp-/271276022288?hash=item3f294f9a10

1529315174_led_1.jpg

1529315193_led_2.jpg

Latest posts