⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last Saturday mornings results.
.45 gm for a couple of hours crevicing
1528627353_0cf2f74a-0a5a-47c9-bb41-47bc32743089.jpg

Not bad for a couple of hours Mick, I have had shocking 10-12 hour days on the shovel and yabby pump for the same total hehe
Hard coming home after slogging it out on the pick n shovel for 12 hours and measuring out in grains rather than grams

Hey Chris.Its not a bad spot and it keeps turning up more gold,but I do have to work for it.There are plenty of crevices that have been overlooked and if the pickings are slim and Im feeling lazy and dont really want to dig, Ill try my luck on the flood gold close to the surface which although is small it adds up (slowly).
If Im struggling to find much Ill try to slow down and read the water flow when the creeks in flood,this has helped me locate gravel on the bank which has good flood gold a foot under the topsoil.

HippyProspecting said:
Im a bit embarrassed to put this up as there are some great hauls posted in this thread :8

My best pan to date while testing out a new creek.
Found nothing else in my other test holes. So im going to go back soon and do some more testing and try to figure this prospecting caper out

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12034/1527749245_20180527_142930.jpg

I'd be happy with that result,This page really keeps me motivated.Thanks for sharing

Feathers12 said:
HippyProspecting said:
Im a bit embarrassed to put this up as there are some great hauls posted in this thread :8

My best pan to date while testing out a new creek.
Found nothing else in my other test holes. So im going to go back soon and do some more testing and try to figure this prospecting caper out

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12034/1527749245_20180527_142930.jpg

I'd be happy with that result,This page really keeps me motivated.Thanks for sharing

Thanks feathers12
I haven't been prospecting for very long and i was super excited with that pan. It was all i found that day but i think i learned something from it and will keep at it.
I hope its not too long before i beat it and i can post my next personal best effort.

No Worries @HippyProspecting I've only been out 5 times myself and I'm still working on my first gram.I think I've found about 0.10 of a gram thus far.I don't have any pics yet but none the less I still get a buzz of finding the smallest spec.

Latest posts