Safe Free

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Free to a good home Pick up at Nowra
Combination and Key (have forgotten the code)
Safe is open just needs to have a new code set
50 cm H
40 cm W
35 cm D
Has been sitting outside and i am sick of running into it at night so if no one wants it it will go as scrap

1529469799_100_74131.jpg

Great offer 7.62marksman :Y:.

It's a fire rated safe approx 1 hour fire protection designed for documents (ratings vary from half hour to 2 hours) and the beauty of fire rated safes is they stay the same until they've been in a fire, damaged or rusted. Mind you any item of value stored in a safe should be included on your insurance cover. As for documents make an electronic copy and keep it at a different location so it isn't burnt in the worst case scenario. Pity I don't live up that way I'd grab it. Any decent (Quality brand) safe either fire resistant or burglar resistant should automatically have a 5k insurable content value.

Any qualified locksmith will be able to reset the combination. The combination will have 4 numbers and a sequence of turns left and right the key act's as a handle so to speak retracting the bolt work. The new owner should get a spare key cut as well. On the base there should be provision to bolt the safe down to the floor using a 12mm bolt if its to be bolted down do so up against a wall to prevent spinning.

If it doesn't get a new owner 7.62marksman send me a pm and I'll get the combination sorted with you so you can sell it. Didn't mean to ramble but thought the info might help.

RM Outback said:
It's a fire rated safe approx 1 hour fire protection designed for documents (ratings vary from half hour to 2 hours) and the beauty of fire rated safes is they stay the same until they've been in a fire, damaged or rusted. Mind you any item of value stored in a safe should be included on your insurance cover. As for documents make an electronic copy and keep it at a different location so it isn't burnt in the worst case scenario. Pity I don't live up that way I'd grab it. Any decent (Quality brand) safe either fire resistant or burglar resistant should automatically have a 5k insurable content value.

Reminds me of when we had a big bush fire in Winmalee lower blue mountains about 4 yrs ago. Lost about 204 homes in five hours. A mate of mine, a lock smith, was called out to open a lot of safes after the fire's. Some had nothing but ash inside and owners with sad faces other's had blobs of shiny metal where the family jewels once were. One he was told had a few hundred dollars in cash but once the safe was opened it had stacks of $100 bills that just crumbled to ash as soon as they were touched and another very sad owner. An old boss of mine told me he lost $25K in cash in his safe. A lot of money went up in smoke that day.
Certainly make me think twice about where to place a safe.

Mr Magoo it's not about where you place it in an event such as a raging bushfire. It's Really the quality of the product and even then some safes won't be able to sustain the intense heat. When I was an apprentice the Bendigo Mall went up in flames with such intensity the steel girders where twisted and buckled to a point of ruin. We retrieved a Chubb 4 draw fire resistant filing cabinet where the handles, combination lock and chrome aesthetic features had melted to be non existant. Once we opened it all the documents were intact and legible. This particular filing cabinet was worth around $5 grand in the 80's (which is the decade of the fire) like all products there's quality and then the rest. When I hear someone say they got a bargain I'm sceptical unless it's obvious.

There's so much I could say but won't hijack the thread.

Anyway 7.62marksman's safe is what's referred to as a home safe. Not sure on the country of origin but if it's Japanese it's about the best quality in the home safe range. And a very good generous offer at that :Y:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts