Ruby to set in a pendant or ring.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am looking for a Birthday gift for the missus and as she was born in July I thought a nice birthstone would fit the bill.
There are some very talented people on here and was wondering if anyone had a stone that they had cut themselves to sell?
PM me if that works :cool:
Cheers,
Billy.

Australia is not the best place to get good rubies, although there are some reasonable stones. A decent ruby is very expensive, as they are much rarer than sapphires.

I agree GL, thought I would ask though, and what price can you put on the good woman's happiness? O:)
Now if only I could convince her that she was born in November....... ]:D :party:

Or perhaps change your approach - my wife and I decided that it was better to choose a beautiful example of a gemstone type that we could afford, rather than a lesser quality example of a gem more expensive.....

goldierocks said:
Or perhaps change your approach - my wife and I decided that it was better to choose a beautiful example of a gemstone type that we could afford, rather than a lesser quality example of a gem more expensive.....

Thanks goldie and yes I am thinking along those line now.
Cheers mate.

Anolphart said:
or convince her that she is so beautiful that any adornments would only detract from her stunning looks!

Haha Aphart, now that's the most cost effective suggestion I have heard :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think odds of it not working are stacked against me though :D

I would not try that while you are still ahead (I know what my wife would say to that, and I can't write it here) - think of it as a long-term investment.

Actually, more likely the silence would be deafening.

Australia has some beautiful lower-priced stones....and you are helping locals.

Haha I hear ya GL!!! :D

Agree totally on supporting the locals and even better if I could help someone on this forum, which by the way I am working on ;)
Currently been a few PM's back and forth so we shall see what happens :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.