Inglewood visit July 2017

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willo

Ian Williams
Reaction score
had my first trip to the Vic goldfields. Finds thin on th ground but my bigger nugget was 1.93, 30 cm down in gravel.

Got to be happy with that. My other find if I breathed on it would be 0.5 gram.

I also engaged in my other passion, photography, here are some shots taken during my visit - if you interested check out my photography website: https://www.imagesbyimw.com.au/aurora-australis

Ian

1500721140_finds.jpg

1500721177_finds-2.jpg

1500721313__351aurora_aa.jpg

1500721335__353aurora_aa.jpg

1500721366__352aurora_aa.jpg

diggit said:
Very nice. I saw one of those birds with the red breast today. What are they called?

Both the above birds with red on their heads are Red-capped Robins - the top one with the bold markings, including a bright red chest, is the male; below him is the female, with less showy colours and no red on her chest. They're beautiful little insect-eating bush birds, unique to Australia and aren't related to the 'robins' well-known in other countries.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red-capped_robin

Nice work there Willo :Y: fantastic photography on your website thanks for posting the link.

RM Outback said:
Nice work there Willo :Y: fantastic photography on your website thanks for posting the link.

Thanks RM, glad you liked them!

Heatho said:
Onya Willo, you take some amazing photos mate, well done. Good to see you back on here posting. :Y:

Heatho, haven't had much to report but nice to get an outing even if the finds were few and far between!

Ian

Willo
Great finds at Inglewood, one of my favourite spots to be located when I'm in the Vic GT. Nice and central. So many places within 30 mins drive. Also you're right on the goldfields.
Though I agree with you finds are thin in the ground at Inglewood.

Great photos on your website too. Very impressive.

I showed my son who is a budding professional photographer. He's doing his last year at Photography Studies College (PSC) in Melbourne. He's very impressed too.
Cheers

jethro said:
Willo your photography is absolutely first class. Please let us all know when you add to your web gallery. :Y:

Will do Jethro, thank you and sorry about belated reply busy doing post grad study

Latest posts