Bush Users Group United

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have created this for those who do not wish to discuss nor
have access to Face Book.
If you are a Bush User in Victoria, This is the place you can come
in and discuss the issues.
I will add more as I go.
They need your Help as this has a very serious impact on our Freedom to enjoy our
Healthy Out Door Activities.
Attached is a petition that you can print out, Fill it in and sign it.
Get your friends, Relatives, Any one that can do so then post it in.
Also, Link this to any other Forum as well.
This is the only format that will be accepted.
They will not accept digital petitions, ie; Change.org etc.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/2436/1528948311_petition.pdf
Make it Happen Folk's.

For updates & further information:
https://www.bugu.org.au/

Thanks Tathradj :Y: I'll print sign and post. Are the creators of the Bush User Group going to be involved in this thread or have you willingly volunteered Doug. Sorry for my ignorance I'm just curious as to how updates will be shared.

RM Outback said:
Thanks Tathradj :Y: I'll print sign and post. Are the creators of the Bush User Group going to be involved in this thread or have you willingly volunteered Doug. Sorry for my ignorance I'm just curious as to how updates will be shared.

RM Outback I'll be dropping from time to time to answer any questions.
wombat ;) Bush User Goups United Admin

Protest Rally Against The Proposal of Turning State Forests Into State or National Parks.

This is under the banner of the "Bush User Groups United"

"Great News". There will be a Protest Rally in Beaufort on Sunday 8th July starting at 10am. So bring along your Family, Friends and all other like minded people you know to attend and support us. We will be marching up the main street to the towns Band Rotunda where we will have our meeting.
Assembling area for the march will be at the southern end of Lawrence St, just near the corner of the Western Hwy. (Traffic Lights Intersection) Louise Staley, MP for Ripon will be addressing the meeting.
So bring along your 4WD, Motor Bikes, Horses, Trail Bikes, Metal Detectors and anything else that represents your Hobby or Sport, to use in the march. Also any club banners. We need 100's there to make an impact and to get our message across. We have Police assistance for the march. This is only one of any Rallies to be held over the next month, finishing of with a big one in the City of Melb
wombat ;)

Has the Bush Users Group given consideration to getting support or aligning themselves with a party like https://www.shootersfishersandfarmers.org.au who are already fighting for access to public land for recreational users among other relevant things?
Contact details https://www.shootersfishersandfarmers.org.au/contact
I know politics is a taboo subject on this forum but moving forward these outdoors groups, & our associations like NAPFA & PMAV, need to have a strong connection to a party with a foot in the door of the political arena already IMO.
We've already seen that fractured, individual group lobbying only works to a certain extent. Time for a National front from all outdoors recreational groups if we are to be heard against the likes of the Minerals Council & Greens.
I'm not suggesting we move away from any groups, associations (like NAPFA/PMAV), organisations etc as they all still play a very important role on local/state level but it's time to get a strong National voice going forward representative of all outdoors recreational users & a party already exists that has represented us in the past & can continue that + build on it with support in the future. We don't need to reinvent the wheel.
Sorry for the political rant but IMO it needs to be said & discussed fairly. It's an unfortunate side effect of the current climate against fossickers/prospectors & all other Bush Users.
Not on Facebook but the group has my support Bill :Y:

It's probably a logistical nightmare, but having synchronized rallies in multiple states/cities could improve exposure.

Do a panning demo at markets etc, to educate the numnuts, will attract attension and have a sign; Won"t be able to do this for yourself in the bush soon, your kids are going to missout on this expeiance. Have your petition there to sign.

mbasko said:
Has the Bush Users Group given consideration to getting support or aligning themselves with a party like https://www.shootersfishersandfarmers.org.au who are already fighting for access to public land for recreational users among other relevant things?
Contact details https://www.shootersfishersandfarmers.org.au/contact
I know politics is a taboo subject on this forum but moving forward these outdoors groups, & our associations like NAPFA & PMAV, need to have a strong connection to a party with a foot in the door of the political arena already IMO.
We've already seen that fractured, individual group lobbying only works to a certain extent. Time for a National front from all outdoors recreational groups if we are to be heard against the likes of the Minerals Council & Greens.
I'm not suggesting we move away from any groups, associations (like NAPFA/PMAV), organisations etc as they all still play a very important role on local/state level but it's time to get a strong National voice going forward representative of all outdoors recreational users & a party already exists that has represented us in the past & can continue that + build on it with support in the future. We don't need to reinvent the wheel.
Sorry for the political rant but IMO it needs to be said & discussed fairly. It's an unfortunate side effect of the current climate against fossickers/prospectors & all other Bush Users.
Not on Facebook but the group has my support Bill :Y:

"Yes" mbasko I have contacted them and they will be at all of our rallies for the next few weeks. And willing to talk at the rallies as well.
wombat ;)

Don't forget our Rally at Beaufort this Sunday 8th. July starting at 10 am with a march down the main st. to the Rotunda, 150 yds away. Our speakers on the day will be Louise Staley - MP for Ripon, Costa Di Biase - Australian Country Party, Ethan Constantinou - Shooter,Fishers and Farmers Party, Olly Oleszek - PMAV President, and my self. We are hoping to get someone from a 4WD club to speak as well. We are expecting 500 + at the Rally. So come along and support us, so we can support you.
wombat ;)

Common all Vic prospectors don't sit on your bums and let a few do the leg work for you ,there is a rally at Avoca on 21/7 at 11 0clock get out and support it, Bendigo 4/8 time and place to be set. Melbourne the steps of parliament house Wednesday 8 Aug. at 1.00 oclock this one is a must ,make a effort to get there . I was at the Beaufort rally last Sunday a crowd of about 200 and considering what the weather was like it was a good turn out , but the number mean votes .Support the Bush Users Group United regards john :Y: :Y:

Latest posts