4x4 Camping set ups

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There a very capable little jigger :Y: Mate your a game man going near Tibooburra without a skippy banger :eek: We lost a rodeo and a Triton, have never seen so many of the little hopping buggers :rolleyes: Nuggetino I know I shouldn't ask as my wallet will cry but ................ how many litres do you use in a 1000 K ? :Y: My guess is around 80 ? and can only say I wish :|

:eek: Sorry to hear that mate and please don't travel the outback on a motorcycle , sounds like luck isn't on your side. If I were in your shoes no doubt the Jimny would have a roo bar. I've been more fortunate having hit 1 roo in about 150000kms of travel in the outback and that was near Alice Springs when I was forced to drive in the dark due a leaking tyre and broken air pump. I still managed to get to town. I'll never drive at night again unless I really have to.

Good guess, yes it's 80l. Not great economy compared to your high tech modern 4x4 but then it isn't going to switch to limp mode every time a sensor gets dusty. :lol:

I would be over the moon at 80 to 1000 K ..................... one would be around 80 to 500 K and the other probably 120 to 500 K, fair enough they have a fair jag behind them when travelling but it still makes the wallet bleed regardless. :Y: Both also petrol not those dirty smelly buggers :eek: ;)
Been pretty good on the roo strikes myself .................. problem is you never know which trip it's going to happen. Tibooburra due to bars was limited to just driving lights and a couple of winch controllers on all three vehicles that scoed a bulls eye. Nothing that left you sitting there :Y: But then again have never seen such a concentration EVER. They lined the road for K's like soldiers

junkdog said:
shakergt said:
Thank you. I have been looking at MDC campers
Only thing I have changed was the wire from the control to the frig out let, had voltage drop so put in larger wires and Anderson plug....and put in some 240 volt out lets on the door side, with RCD when we power up with the gen. and put extra water tanks on the back to take some weight off the tow hitch.

Do you use an earth stake when operating the generator?

1523188896_homeawayfromhome.jpg

Home away from home with the family. When I go alone it is just the swag

anyone know how to fold these things back togethor?
they work ok as a shower tent,quite handy except for when it comes time to pack up,we are usually there for an hour,an argument on who knows how to fold is a given and then its just bent over into any shape and tied togethor in the end,this is another goin to the tip,one rods broken.... :)
1523399431_3ca25155-c63f-4288-b6ff-7fd9916a42b9.jpg

Easy fold, one hand either side about 300 mm up from the bottom, place narrow end on ground now just cross arms over while applying light pressure towards the ground. The unit will buckle and form three rings. If you have ever folded a bandsaw blade that is the way you do it.
Also YouTube it there are plenty of videos. :/

Manpa said:
Easy fold, one hand either side about 300 mm up from the bottom, place narrow end on ground now just cross arms over while applying light pressure towards the ground. The unit will buckle and form three rings. If you have ever folded a bandsaw blade that is the way you do it.
Also YouTube it there are plenty of videos. :/

well there ya go,was a butcher on an off most my earler life,can fold a bandsaw blade with my eyes closed,dont have any luck with these things though,old trick with the bandsaw blade is foot on it then just fold it up,that will help though thanks manpa
have seen a cuppla utube videos and where gonna grab a new one next cuppla days and practise before we head out,thank god there cheap......

Latest posts