crystals test nugget and mags free postage anywhere in australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
for sale $35 ONO includes free post anywhere in Australia includes 4 Mooralla Smokey quartz crystals 1 small gold nugget for a test nugget weighing 0.87 of a gram see photos 4 Australia gold gem and treasure mags payment via PayPal or by contacting me for another paying method pick up is available too. sold already sorry it went like hot pancakes

1528289011_p1040001.jpg

1528289026_p1040007.jpg

1528289038_p1040014.jpg

1528289050_p1040019.jpg

1528289063_p1040020.jpg

1528289075_p1040021.jpg

1528289089_p1040022.jpg

Ummm, at todays gold price that gold is worth 47 dollars?

Dave79 said:

I know but I don't mind letting it go for that price its under a gram only just but its ok. also that particular nugget came from a quartz reef near Dunolly 28 meters bellow the surface found with an sdc

Dave79 said:
Damn I was too slow. You are a generous man after going to all that effort to get it. Love your work!

no worries its amazing how much is left in the old mines but I wouldn't recommend anyone going down and picking out the rocks unless you have some experience in geology and the proper equipment like a gas detector and ropes.

Yeah I've got a few signals in the walls of old adits in Tassie but haven't been brave/stupid enough to try and dig them out.

Dave79 said:
Yeah I've got a few signals in the walls of old adits in Tassie but haven't been brave/stupid enough to try and dig them out.

if it sounds like a drum when gently tapping it with a pick its very unstable ground this is due to unseen cracks in the walls or roof where ever you tap it however if its a solid ring sound like hitting metal on metal you have no worries as the rock is really solid so much so you need an explosive to actually get it to come down I know this because I used to work in a mine myself. And have the experience given to me by older miners in their late 80s they had some interesting story's too.

Bit hard to tell round here. Lots of the quartz veins are in slatey rock so the quartz rings when you hit it but I'm not sure how stable the surrounding soft slate is?

Hunting the yellow said:
Dave79 said:

I know but I don't mind letting it go for that price its under a gram only just but its ok. also that particular nugget came from a quartz reef near Dunolly 28 meters bellow the surface found with an sdc

And who said the SDC was only good for shallow gold? 8)

Cheers

Doug

Dave79 said:
Bit hard to tell round here. Lots of the quartz veins are in slatey rock so the quartz rings when you hit it but I'm not sure how stable the surrounding soft slate is?

yeah slate is a bit dangerous because of its vertical cleavage plane often the walls would peel away in huge sheets or slabs when putting in a cross cut.

Rockhunter62 said:
Hunting the yellow said:
Dave79 said:

And who said the SDC was only good for shallow gold? 8)

Cheers

Doug

hhahaha

Yeah, I'll just leave what every is in the walls alone. All my mining experience is in open pits and without under ground knowledge it's playing with fire. I just enjoy sitting in an old mine and imagining what the old timers went through to dig it anyway.

Dave79 said:
Yeah, I'll just leave what every is in the walls alone. All my mining experience is in open pits and without under ground knowledge it's playing with fire. I just enjoy sitting in an old mine and imagining what the old timers went through to dig it anyway.

they certainly did it tough back in the olden days

I wish I was born 150 years ago too. Things were a lot simpler back then! Dig hole, find gold. No need for all the crap that comes with modern prospecting!

Dave79 said:
I wish I was born 150 years ago too. Things were a lot simpler back then! Dig hole, find gold. No need for all the crap that comes with modern prospecting!

yeah I hear you so many hoops and the gov wants a cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts