1925 Australian Penny.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As part of my Brother-in-law's Estate, I have been given a 1925 Australian Penny... I have done some research and the value is very confusing. :/ .. $400-$17000
I know nothing about Coins except using them to buy stuff.... :rolleyes:

So, I have put up some details and I am hoping Someone can help.... The Details may be a bit mixed up, but I will try my best...

Condition is very good only a bit Tarnished... I don't want to clean it as I have no idea how to do that, or if I should...

1925 Australian Penny
George IVS... not too sure if it's a 'S' or a '5' ?
VDG BRITT
OMN REX
F.D IND. IMP

Any Ideas??

LW.....

Well, Guess I WON'T CLEAN IT then... :lol:
Thanks for the Help... very interesting... 8) :party:

Any dealers in Brisbane/Gold Coast you recommend Jaros?
Damm I should of said I found it with my Aldi Detector and entered it in the FOM Comp... :lol: ]:D

Thanks for those links Silver... When I stop shaking I will have a look... O:)

LW....

Ha I Know how Dealers work and they will have to grade it with Me standing over Them. or it won't be graded.. It will never leave my sight...

I have a feeling this could worth a bit... :eek:

LW...

Mmmm thanks Heatho... Same details on the sold one as mine... Would love to know how much it sold for... :) others are listed for $175...

I think they have missed some Zero's... :eek: :lol: ]:D

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Mmmm thanks Heatho... Same details on the sold one as mine... Would love to know how much it sold for... :) others are listed for $175...

I think they have missed some Zero's... :eek: :lol: ]:D

LW....

If it's a proof coin you'd put a couple of zeros on. Scarce and rare are very different for example with the 1930 penny there were only 1200 minted.

Anyway, hope you get a good valuation on it. :Y:

Latest posts