You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

More Leadshot
11 June 2018 02:53 pm

1528688741_img_20180611_134119.jpg
On a recent fishing trip to Copeton dam I travelled down to Bingara and done a tour of
3 creeks Gold Mine owned by Paul Myer who was a wealth of knowledge and a great host. He makes a product called A Panners Mate which I was taught to use as well as learning to pan. Great fast and easy to use system, I haven't purchased the kit yet but will once I build up funds again.
Cheers Jamie.

AussieChris
11 June 2018 03:34 pm

My head almost exploded watching those YouTube’s.

I would not mind trying one out but for $990 can’t see it happening anytime soon.

"About 10 minutes into it everything changed, buckets were flying ... people were bleeding. Girls were unconscious."

More Leadshot
11 June 2018 03:45 pm

AussieChris wrote:

My head almost exploded watching those YouTube’s.

I would not mind trying one out but for $990 can’t see it happening anytime soon.

Hi AussieChris,
Know what you mean regarding$$$ however if you are ever up that way for $25.00 drop in and try them out, you may just change your mind. There was a full panners kit there for around $600/$660 and I thought that if I was going to pay that much I would definitely pay the extra for the Panners Mate as there was no comparision for ease of use and volume.

Eski
11 June 2018 04:57 pm

i get that there is IP but 660 for that just doesn't stack up.

1 user likes this post: mudgee hunter

mudgee hunter
11 June 2018 07:02 pm

Eski wrote:

i get that there is IP but 660 for that just doesn't stack up.

Yes I have to totally agree with you there.
The concept I get, and makes sense.
His alone choice to market and package as is.
But an individual package alone with the pan included might be more tempting.
I think price will hinder sales dramatically.

2 users like this post: Rockhunter62, Way2go

Dirtdemon
11 June 2018 08:25 pm

??? Rediculous amount of money , get a large bucket / tub and fill with water , drop a good pan like a garrett super sluice into it with material , and go and buy a hand scarifier from bunnings for about ten bucks , and give it a good stir with that .

I normally classify my dirt with sieves into a plastic washtub full of water before i run it through the sluice or pan it depending on creek water levels , for that sort of money all i can see that im getting , which i dont already have is a fancy dirt stirrer , which i can do with a hand scarifier.

2 users like this post: Rockhunter62, mudgee hunter

AussieChris
11 June 2018 08:51 pm

I love seeing new ideas and new gear and I would certainly give it a burl for $25, but like others above suggested, hard to go past a garret super sluice. Side by side I dare say most of us would be able to pan 4 of those small shovels out in the same time.
God knows since the high bankers are gathering dust my panning hours have gone through the roof.

"About 10 minutes into it everything changed, buckets were flying ... people were bleeding. Girls were unconscious."

3 users like this post: mudgee hunter, Bluecurrant, Mickskin

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site