New pinpointer feedback or reviews

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
looks like i now have to buy a new pinpointer . broke one of the wires and i cant get the solder to take and i hate soldering wires on tiny stuff . i have had this pointer for about 6 or 7 years so i suppose i cant complain .
so i think i will treat myself to a newy and probably something different to the black garrett .
anyone stand out in the crowd .

just looking at whats on offer i like the tek point one that takes AA batteries . any one got feedback or review on that one .

johno

i had a go at resoldering the broken wire and my very small iron wont melt the solder that is on the board but it will melt the new solder i put on the wire so maybe i just need to use a bigger more cumbersome iron .
johno

ok managed to get the wire soldered back on using my big soldering iron , way to big for the area was working in but got it done and back together and now working , but not 100% because it sometimes wont turn on and needs several on and off's to get it going but sometimes it comes on first time so the switch must be a bit hit and miss also still need to get a new grommet but it is usable , the grommet can wait til i go to toowoomba next week .think i will still be on the look out for a new pinpointer in the near future .
johno

Latest posts