Queensland Durakai GPA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
texta said:
bloody annoying reading this , i am only bit over an hour away from there and have been trying to get a detector suitable for the job since they opened up that place to prospecting and i joined the club at big hill where nick bought his block still trying ,so i hope you guys leave a few bits for when i get my machine .

johno

There is always gold left. You can never get it all.

There are some pieces waiting there with your name on it.

Hey HayyouinAu,

Just seen your YouTube vid! awesome mate!! liked and subcribed!! lol

Keep up the good work!! nice nuggets in that vid also !! Yew! :Y: :Y:

so is there a map showing some of the land marks such as the puddler and so on to give a bloke a starting point if i should wander in there with my humble terra 705 cos its killing me reading about it and doing nothing . i know where twin sisters is cos google earth and a kmz file told me .

johno

p.s. maybe the xterra can find enough little fellas to give me the rest of the dollars i need to upgrade to a 4500. i am close just a few more months and i will have enough funds to buy my new machine .

The puddler is not far from the Memorial Plaque and Prospectors Grave. (West South West about 50mtrs...if that.) Pretty sure that's about right.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I can upload where it is morrow. I am tired. Big trek today and I need my sleep.

And no, as far as I know, there is no map with landmarks, just the mines locations as you mentioned.

And as mighty as the 705 is, you might struggle on the small stuff. But you might find some relics....or a jar of nuggets. Who knows.

The fun is in the hunt.

thats alright i can miss the little ones and dig up all bigger ones , i could put up with that . just set the terra to ounce and up mode .

johno

hAyyoUinAU said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10637/1515462590_hayyouinau.jpg

Thought I would share, Couldn't keep this one locked up, too pretty, so it is my daily inspiration.

Hay U that is a spectacular display. I'm not game to put mine on display but I've bought a litre of moulding silicone and I have some waste aluminium bronze sitting on the lathe bed. I intend to copy a nugget or two and display the look-alikes. I have no doubt they'll go missing at some point but better that than our gold.

2 weeks off!! Yew!! heading out to Durikai, maybe stay Glendons..or on another property (bought a gold rush nugget bucket for panning!) .. then possibly head north to Cracow..then back through Gympie!!..and do some beach detecting between sunny coast and goldy! Gotta get away from these commonwealth games circus!! :Y:

Change of plans slightly - was gonna camp on a private prop within Durikai but they're going on holidays also Doh!!! ...Prob gonna do sunny coast for little beach hunt, then to Cracow...then head back to Goldy slowly lol

Any luck in Clermont?? I ended up just beach detecting along the sunny coast last couple weeks..probably found more gold than if would have headed to the bush... lol gold is gold !! scored a few rings, bracelet, and pendant..between 9ct - 18ct approx 14grams yew!! But heading out to Durikai again prob next week or so now its cooling down..kind of!

Dan78 said:
Any luck in Clermont?? I ended up just beach detecting along the sunny coast last couple weeks..probably found more gold than if would have headed to the bush... lol gold is gold !! scored a few rings, bracelet, and pendant..between 9ct - 18ct approx 14grams yew!! But heading out to Durikai again prob next week or so now its cooling down..kind of!

Didn't end up going. And now I am tossing up where to go as I got a couple of invites.

Haha yea not the same as being out in the bush Jaros, but still nice to be outdoors walking along the beautiful sunny coast beaches and getting some kind of exercise lol!!

Itchin to get out to the proper gold fields again though!!

hAyyoUinAU ....Invites are good mate!! Hope you score some gold!! or some old bushrangers stash! lol

Well, another trip and another fail lol....one day...oh yes...one day i'll find a nugget lol

Hi Ward69 - swinging a gpz, and just upgraded to the 19inch coil !! love it! but no gold yet at Durakai damit!

Hi Dan78, bit big. You have gear to find big deep stuff. At this site. Mainly small stuff left. Sdc perfect clean up tool. 8in coil , speak to 227dick to see if you can drop the coil size. Great knowledge on it. What gold is left is still leaching out of the rock, a smaller coil is the way. Hint. Ward69

Thanks Trash, great video. I normally run sdc flat out on 5 in the rocks. Picking up a little, little change Then dig down. Using a chisel and hammer. Very small gold. But it's gold.

Latest posts