Finally bought xp deus from Clegy man!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, Gold Pick, Thanks for your instructions. Yes notch function is now bit clear now.
I was playing with HF egg coil last night. I can see why neck of coil is bit weak as there is a big hole for the battery connection cable. I was wondering about a small funny shape bit but after looking at manual it made sense and without that bit, coil will not sit properly.
It is funny that I can keep playing with remote forever. I am glad that it will go back to normal once switch it off. Yes I dont mind XY screen, but I have to remember the curve/ signature of good and bad target.

I thought wireless headphones connects to remote control unit but it looks like it connects to coil directly as I had to key-in the serial number from headphone as well.

I have a feeling that I wont do well with this detector as I love changing settings having great joy with it even not going detecting at all O:) :D !

The remote and headphones can control the Deus independently, hence if you have two coils and two collapsible shafts, you can essentially have two Deus detectors.

Try out the various tone options available on the factory programs to see what best suits your ears, and then stick with it. If you chop and change too often, then it will be a lot harder to learn the detector. Think I first started out with Deus Fast, though found the "beep and dig" tones a bit one-dimensional, Fulltones was much more to my liking regarding the type and amount of info provided solely by going off the tones.

The Deus is really no different to other top end detectors with regards to the amount of settings available. You can either choose to use them, or simply pick a factory program and go detecting with good success. Then you can delve into more basic and expert settings at a later date to suit the areas and types of targets you want to detect. That's why I do not have any "custom programs" on my Deus, aside from one for modern coins - all sites are different, and hence require some form of tweaking to suit, and they are usually done on the run. :)

Hell, Gold Pick how are you? Thanks for your response! :Y: :Y:
Ohhhhh I really love Deus! I tried 11inch today with hot program. And I really like the pitch sound with XY screen. And pipointer worked flawlessly. Only wish is that Pipointer and Dues work same time.

I think it was hard to pick out goldies as some alminium and bottle to were showing simillar number. But, for older Coins, It was so easy to identify. I can tell if it was 91 then I got small silvers, and 94 was Pennies. Some deep small silver was showing 85-88. Also some penny was showing 91 and flat horizon line on xy screen....
I cannot wait to try different programs and frequencies....

One thing I found with the MI-6 and the 11" coil is the Deus goes a bit nutso when changing over to the pinpointer using the 11kHz setting. Not a problem on 18kHz, though I reckon there is a bit of a clash on frequencies that causes it - might have to do a frequency shift on the Deus to get the MI-6 to behave. Also have to ensure that the coil is a few feet away before switching over to the Mi-6.

I know what you mean about not being able to use the coil and pinpointer at the same time to locate targets, though switching back and forth doesn't really take that long. Sometimes I will run the Mi-6 in standalone setting so you can actually use both at the same time, using it paired up with the Deus will make the battery last a lot longer on the Mi-6 - think it was up to 90 hours in that configuration.

Hello, Gold pick how are you? I was just playing with Deus, pinpointer and realized that pinpointer was not working(so I thought) but I understood it as because It was connected to Deus, when it was turned on without Deus switched on, pinpointer remain as radio mode. I had to manually reset to normal mode again. I believe this is normal. What do you think?

Yes, if the Mi-6 is set to setting "7" then it is in Deus wireless mode, just need to select one of the first three modes if you want to use it in standalone mode.

I love WS4 but bit scary hunting early in the morning. I could not hear dog or people approaching me. I will have to modify one of old headphone again for this one.And Make is only single ear earphone. Just testing purpose I made adopter for WS4 =. It looks dodgy but it works. I am not sure about wiring. Headphone is stereo-ish but only 2 contacts on WS4 so I guess mono. I might have to dismantle WS4 to see the wiring or I just get one from Clegy.
1529973009_img_20180626_101843_edit.jpg
]:D

Smoky bandit said:
Cant you just use the speaker.. No headphones :Y:
Dogs goes crazy with that Deus Squeaky sound. They have ran toward me every time, deus finds silvers :mad: .

Yer I have had a few run up to me too and try and bite the coil.
But they all were being walked by their owners.Not just roaming around. :Y: Good luck with it.

Capa, you might have different hearing to me, though I find the WS4's do allow you to still hear what is going on around you whilst still having good audio.

Not that it concerns me these days as I use the full muff Deteknix headphones which shut out most external sounds. After a while you tend to be less self conscious about goings on around you, and find that people tend to just ignore you. Aside from that, there are some places where you simply can't hear the fainter tones thanks to traffic and windy conditions, something full muff headphones are good for.

I'd just get an adapter from Clegy and maybe disconnect one of the speaker cables on the WS4 headphones if wanting single speaker headphones.

Goldpick said:
Capa, you might have different hearing to me, though I find the WS4's do allow you to still hear what is going on around you whilst still having good audio.

Not that it concerns me these days as I use the full muff Deteknix headphones which shut out most external sounds. After a while you tend to be less self conscious about goings on around you, and find that people tend to just ignore you. Aside from that, there are some places where you simply can't hear the fainter tones thanks to traffic and windy conditions, something full muff headphones are good for.

I'd just get an adapter from Clegy and maybe disconnect one of the speaker cables on the WS4 headphones if wanting single speaker headphones.

You are right about zoning out when detecting and wearing headphones. It is relaxing. I think you mentioned Deteknix headphone is better than WS5? I do`nt mind buying WS-5 in the future for deep detecting sessions.

Thanks for your advice! :Y: :Y: :Y:

caparobertsan said:
Goldpick said:

You are right about zoning out when detecting and wearing headphones. It is relaxing. I think you mentioned Deteknix headphone is better than WS5? I do`nt mind buying WS-5 in the future for deep detecting sessions.

Thanks for your advice! :Y: :Y: :Y:

The WS5's are expensive and have been known for slipping off your head when bending over, makes more sense if you already own the WS4's to use the controller on the Detekinix headphones. Cheaper, rainproof, plus you have the best of both worlds with WS4's for summer detecting, and the warmer Deteknix headphones for winter or for noisy areas.

Latest posts