Camp Set Up Tips & Tricks Plus Products That Work And Those That Don't

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Goldchaser1 said:
Back on the subject of shower tents again,which most i hate cause of the cheap nylon crap thats mainly available,was talking to a mate about the subject that theres no real good ones available,he sent me this link,this is the best setup ive ever seen,could even fab ya own maybe.
Just remember to focus on the shower tent please.....[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/V-xNz7zz_Uo[/video]

There's a shower tent??? :eek: :eek:

Keep the ideas coming guys.
The digger and I are planing to set up a semi permanent camp on a mates property and drive there on the weekends to prospect and get away from the rat race.
Will probably take the camper trailer out and and a few other odds and ends to make the weekends away comfortable.
Just bring water food and valuables , but leave the rest out there. Lucky the place is on private fenced property and secured as the mate will be there to watch things when we are back home..

nucopia said:
Keep the ideas coming guys.
The digger and I are planing to set up a semi permanent camp on a mates property and drive there on the weekends to prospect and get away from the rat race.
Will probably take the camper trailer out and and a few other odds and ends to make the weekends away comfortable.
Just bring water food and valuables , but leave the rest out there. Lucky the place is on private fenced property and secured as the mate will be there to watch things when we are back home..

If it has water access by boat make sure it's secure. Know a few huts on the Murray that have been cleaned out :N:.

If theres cattle etc about,free mozzie repellent
1527328840_7eef57e9-8fa9-44a9-adc9-6c85f584461d.jpg

Toe is looking good Mackka, has worn shoes for the pat two days, first time that's happened in nearly 18 months. Back to the podiatrist next week to collect custom made shoes and orthotics. 6 and 1/2 weeks to go to surgery,we're not counting!!!
Just gunna wrap her up in cotton wool till then so we have no chance of any issues.
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Cheers and thanks.

Goldchaser1 said:
If theres cattle etc about,free mozzie repellenthttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9528/1527328840_7eef57e9-8fa9-44a9-adc9-6c85f584461d.jpg

How do you find that Fridgemate there Goldchaser?

We had one for a while but it seemed to suffer endless problems with electrical faults.

Lefty said:
Goldchaser1 said:
If theres cattle etc about,free mozzie repellenthttps://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/9528/1527328840_7eef57e9-8fa9-44a9-adc9-6c85f584461d.jpg

How do you find that Fridgemate there Goldchaser?

We had one for a while but it seemed to suffer endless problems with electrical faults.

lefty i bought this 9-10 yrs ago,within 6 months it did play up but was an easy fix,poor design also but it had a car fuse mounted in the panel with a screw cap,of course moisture and water got to it and it was rusted out in there quickly,pulled it apart and wired in one of them inline car fuses,the weather proof one,put a grommet where the old stupid fuse was,since them its been awsome,doesnt miss a beat and freezes to easy unless ran pretty low,buy another in a heartbeat.
Keen to hear what probs youve had,i hope the newer ones havent got the same stupid fuse mounted in the panel.....

Yeah, we bought ours while ago, probably 10 years or more. The main problem seemed to be the connection to the inverter, a sparky was with at the time did a temporary fix with a piece of alfoil and it worked ok for the rest of that trip. But continued having problems (I think there was an issue with a fuse like you mentioned) and eventually we ended up with an Engel which has been problem free (though not used much since we don't camp much anymore.)

Lefty said:
Yeah, we bought ours while ago, probably 10 years or more. The main problem seemed to be the connection to the inverter, a sparky was with at the time did a temporary fix with a piece of alfoil and it worked ok for the rest of that trip. But continued having problems (I think there was an issue with a fuse like you mentioned) and eventually we ended up with an Engel which has been problem free (though not used much since we don't camp much anymore.)

Oh so you mean the 240 volt charger-inverter thats comes with them?
Most of what ive read on the fridgemates is usually happy campers,bummer you problems mate.
Got a 6 week trip coming up,we have a 80 waco the boss pick up cheap a cuppla yrs ago like new,only used it a few times but we need the extra space,last yr the top panel switches started playing up,i fiddled for days with it but not alot of luck,weaco dont sell the panel anymore for that model so i had to buy a conversion kit off a mob,later switch panel,later control panel and wiring,basically replace near all the electrics.
Got it done and just sat it on the lawn and ran a long extension to the trailer (10mtr fold out panel lead with anderson plugs on it),ran fine all looked good,next day i fired it up again and it was playing up,compressor would kick in then just stop,a bit worried i lifted it onto the fridge slide and plugged it in where it normally is,bingo no probs,voltage drop over that lead the next day and the fridge wouldnt run,amongst my reading on the net while fixing that fridge etc quite alot of people have problems with wiring not large enough over 1-2 mtrs to the fridge or 12 volt ciggy plugs not giving a good connection either,fridges go into limp mode or whatever cause they have a low voltage cut off,batteries are fine but its actually wiring not up to scratch,i bypassed the weaco plug also,fridgemate will be getting this treatment to
1528674770_95b16001-144d-4155-8842-3d2950e9051f.jpg

Latest posts