Gold and graphite

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not recall the weathering at Nerrigundah to be all that intense - I would not suspect complete removal of iron at surface (I have really only looked closely around Wagonga).

Hi Heatho, I never thought of using a different provider. I was using internet explorer now I've connected to Google Chrome....here goes
1527925178_20180516_171031_glenelg_highway.jpg

Well well well. Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like it worked and here is that specimen of quartz and graphite

goldierocks said:
I do not recall the weathering at Nerrigundah to be all that intense - I would not suspect complete removal of iron at surface (I have really only looked closely around Wagonga).
I meant removal of gold, not iron

It's fairly soft, just able to scratch with fingernail, leaves black marks when rubbed over paper. Even though I did geology as part of my civil engineering, I'm not a geologist so I really am not good with rocks, all I'm interested in is GOLD! All I know is that if I poke around known gold bearing areas I usually find gold. Here is another nugget picked up last Sunday.Thanks to Heatho I am now able to upload pictures.
1528115940_20180603_145128_unnamed_road-1.jpg

That was am awesome read goldilocks. I've been finding that I'm slowly starting to get a picture of all things gold. Interpreting and understanding/learning geology and the chemistry of it all
What you wrote has really helped tie it together. Thanks brother

Great posts Goldirocks, much appreciated. In some ways the learning experience is just as much fun as finding Gold. :Y: