Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember about 10 years ago a friend of mine bought a GPX4500 , when there was a shortage on , he drove 2000 kms &
the price was over $6K 8)

Trash said:
Got an email from a Minelab dealer today ....

The Minelab SDC 2300 detector is one of the most popular detectors in the Minelab range and it is in short supply. There is a global shortage of conductors, which is a component of the SDC 2300, due to an upsurge in electric vehicles and smart phones.

As of 1st July 2018 Minelab is raising the cost of the SDC 2300. If you are thinking of buying an SDC 2300 get your order in now before the price rise.

"Conductors"????? :rolleyes:

Given that every single part of every electronic circuit ever made is a conductor of one sort or another (including all wiring, batteries, PCB tracks, etc.), the claimed shortage is 100% meaningless, so is he having a laugh or just clueless?

More like Minelab, controlling supply to generate a shortage. The 2300 has been out for a long while and doesn't make sense how these units could be going up in price unless they are just manipulating the market. Anyway that may be good news for anyone selling their 2300.

AuTitch

Trash said:
I remember about 10 years ago a friend of mine bought a GPX4500 , when there was a shortage on , he drove 2000 kms &
the price was over $6K 8)
I remember 2 blokes fronting up wanting to buy my beat up well used 4500 (got my number and address of someone) Told them I wasn't interested in selling it but they wouldn't take no for an answer.
Eventually I gave in at I think $7500.

Bought a brand new one a couple of weeks later :D

:8 :8 :8

Got this last week from miners den, looks like 2 versions of the truth going around. But I guess it is now June and offer may have ended

1528197776_c339eca6-006c-4b3e-9b79-7d2d57976f56.jpg

Hey guys been awhile since Ive been on here and a long time between swings so yesterday I bought myself a new 2300 the problem is when I plug the headphones in I get no sound and with the headphones in I turn it off and then it wont turn back on unless I disconnect the headphones I am using the ur 30s that came with it any help will be great
Thanks

Thanks for that, I had quick look and couldn't see any, I'll give them a call in the morning as I pass through :)

Good to see you back in the hunt..Really I never use headphones..When running on 5 the vol is loud enough for me..Nice to have that freedom and not connected with leads..Looks like were off to Tib next week..Hope the flys are gone..Cheers..

Latest posts