Finally bought xp deus from Clegy man!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all, my sickness is worsening. I bought deus just because other person bought in this forum and I could not watch youtube any longer!
I just want ask you all Deus users about custom program for Australian parks. Do I just use Gary's hot and cold programs? Or there are any special oz programs? Please let me know.

I will get it probably late next week! :D

Now I have to sell my other junks from my other hobby to fill the missing fund from my account! O:)

Congrats on the purchase, as for Australian programs, don't think there is such a thing unless it is set up with notching specifically for oz coins. I'd just select HOT program and see how you go, and whether you can cope with so much info through the headphones. Some areas will not even require ground balancing if there are not too many bars in the meter on the right hand side of the screen. Start out with the default manual ground balance figure of 90, and adjust accordingly if your ground is highly mineralised. Good luck, I hope it brings you many good finds. :)

Welcome to wireless Mate,
In My Mind program 9 is the one that opens up the deus and gives you what you need to learn the thing. Its full on! especially in modern parks but if you let your brain train itself it becomes very very clear after a while.

Practice when you can with Targets you can actually see, after a time your brain will connect an audio Cue with a visual one and you'll be able to walk around without staring at the remote.

It takes a bit but those that hang in there do very well as the deus has a very even tone spread and pretty accurate TID Numbers on common targets.

Give me a buzz if you need anything mate

Cheers There is no rush to learn it, as Unlike other brands we won't supersede our products within a year and tell you its obsolete. ;) :eek: :D :Y: :cool:

Happy Hunting mate

Clegy

clegy said:
Welcome to wireless Mate,
In My Mind program 9 is the one that opens up the deus and gives you what you need to learn the thing. Its full on! especially in modern parks but if you let your brain train itself it becomes very very clear after a while.

Practice when you can with Targets you can actually see, after a time your brain will connect an audio Cue with a visual one and you'll be able to walk around without staring at the remote.

It takes a bit but those that hang in there do very well as the deus has a very even tone spread and pretty accurate TID Numbers on common targets.

Give me a buzz if you need anything mate

Cheers There is no rush to learn it, as Unlike other brands we won't supersede our products within a year and tell you its obsolete. ;) :eek: :D :Y: :cool:

Happy Hunting mate

Clegy

Thanks Clegy! I will try program 9! Do u have any special program you use? I will concentrate on Goldies first! Discriminate 5-10-20-50 cents! :D :D :D I cannot wait to come to work next week! If I get sometime in the morning, I will take sicky rest of afternoon! O:)

Wally69 said:
:Y: I sure it will be a self funding purchase........so think about keep all your toys ]:D

Enjoy

I hope so! There is one guy picking all the goldies and leaving me 5, 10 cents only! Now He has :eek: got Nox800 and dug many nice silvers already!

Thanks Clegy! I will try program 9! Do u have any special program you use? I will concentrate on Goldies first! Discriminate 5-10-20-50 cents! :D :D :D I cannot wait to come to work next week! If I get sometime in the morning, I will take sicky rest of afternoon! O:)

Hunting Goldies or any modern parks I'm in program 9, Now discrimination is not the key mate. Rather than try and discriminate out the smaller coins get to know them. You can then decide if its worth your time to pick them up.
Once you identify the 5-50 cent coins its easy to identify them with the Deus and decide whether to leave or grab them if shallow.

Grab a few coins before you go and practice on them just before you start. The coins will almost always be the same in the field with very little if any variation, especially when shallow (under 3 inches) and thats 90% of your spendies. If its 2 tones off a coin tone it's NOT A COIN 100% guaranteed.

Example if its a dead 64 its a 90% chance it's a 10 cent piece. There is a pulltab right there too but most times he will do what I explain next. But sometimes he doesn't the little Bastar%. if it tones over to 63 or 65 that goes down to about 10% 62 or 66 and its ZERO chance of being a 10 cent coin. It's that close man.

The other advantage is you get used to what trash sounds like. That way when you get a 52 or a 54 (a 5 Cent piece will be 53 in 18khz) you know its 90% not a 5 cent, then depending on signal strength, area your in, time on your hands, etc etc etc etc you can decide to dig it up and see what it is or walk past and check it next time.

Once I ID the local trash targets I can walk past them and pluck spendables out of the ground all day long with minimal rubbish if I choose. But being the curios sort I dig a lot of non coin based tones just based on Audio clarity or gut feeling or wind direction or mood or whatever it is.

I hope that makes sense, the only thing I discriminate out using the detector is iron, MAX I ever use is -3 I don't mind hearing it because often when you find a concentration of it there are some good targets in amongst it you can eek out.

The brain is a powerful analytical tool and if you smash it with fulltones often enough it just works it out, i still believe the brain is the best discrimination tool in your arsenal.

Let the trash talk to you mate it will give itself up a lot of the time and you can walk on by.

Clegy

Heatho said:
clegy said:
as Unlike other brands we won't supersede our products within a year and tell you its obsolete. ;) :eek: :D :Y: :cool:

Happy Hunting mate

Clegy

Ha, the Deus design is now so old that the french president will be wanting one.... :D :rainbow:

Yet still no other company has come close even though they have 9 years to catch up????.

Minelab have come reasonably close I guess, but their wireless system has a suspicious amount of wires hanging out of it and their speed 7 is like Deus speed 2. So I'll guess us Deus owners will keep using our dinosaurs for a bit longer yet.

Oh Yeah Our TOP machine wasn't superseded by a machine half its price and made by the same company and you can actually repair a Deus.

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on LOL

:D ;) :rainbow:

Clegy

P.S Caparobertsan You'll get used to the B.S from a group of Brainwashed Minelab owners, if you need anything (including advice) just ring me mate, my number is at the website below in my signature. Most deus threads end up in a pissing competition, we can avoid that on the phone as I have had hundreds of them and to be honest I am bored with it.......

clegy said:

Hunting Goldies or any modern parks I'm in program 9, Now discrimination is not the key mate. Rather than try and discriminate out the smaller coins get to know them. You can then decide if its worth your time to pick them up.
Once you identify the 5-50 cent coins its easy to identify them with the Deus and decide whether to leave or grab them if shallow.

Grab a few coins before you go and practice on them just before you start. The coins will almost always be the same in the field with very little if any variation, especially when shallow (under 3 inches) and thats 90% of your spendies. If its 2 tones off a coin tone it's NOT A COIN 100% guaranteed.

Example if its a dead 64 its a 90% chance it's a 10 cent piece. There is a pulltab right there too but most times he will do what I explain next. But sometimes he doesn't the little Bastar%. if it tones over to 63 or 65 that goes down to about 10% 62 or 66 and its ZERO chance of being a 10 cent coin. It's that close man.

The other advantage is you get used to what trash sounds like. That way when you get a 52 or a 54 (a 5 Cent piece will be 53 in 18khz) you know its 90% not a 5 cent, then depending on signal strength, area your in, time on your hands, etc etc etc etc you can decide to dig it up and see what it is or walk past and check it next time.

Once I ID the local trash targets I can walk past them and pluck spendables out of the ground all day long with minimal rubbish if I choose. But being the curios sort I dig a lot of non coin based tones just based on Audio clarity or gut feeling or wind direction or mood or whatever it is.

I hope that makes sense, the only thing I discriminate out using the detector is iron, MAX I ever use is -3 I don't mind hearing it because often when you find a concentration of it there are some good targets in amongst it you can eek out.

The brain is a powerful analytical tool and if you smash it with fulltones often enough it just works it out, i still believe the brain is the best discrimination tool in your arsenal.

Let the trash talk to you mate it will give itself up a lot of the time and you can walk on by.

Clegy
a ctx will tell what each is :Y:

clegy said:
Heatho said:
clegy said:
as Unlike other brands we won't supersede our products within a year and tell you its obsolete. ;) :eek: :D :Y: :cool:

Happy Hunting mate

Clegy

Ha, the Deus design is now so old that the french president will be wanting one.... :D :rainbow:

Yet still no other company has come close even though they have 9 years to catch up????.

Minelab have come reasonably close I guess, but their wireless system has a suspicious amount of wires hanging out of it and their speed 7 is like Deus speed 2. So I'll guess us Deus owners will keep using our dinosaurs for a bit longer yet.

Oh Yeah Our TOP machine wasn't superseded by a machine half its price and made by the same company and you can actually repair a Deus.

I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on LOL

:D ;) :rainbow:

Clegy

P.S Caparobertsan You'll get used to the B.S from a group of Brainwashed Minelab owners, if you need anything (including advice) just ring me mate, my number is at the website below in my signature. Most deus threads end up in a pissing competition, we can avoid that on the phone as I have had hundreds of them and to be honest I am bored with it.......

Deus design is like Citroen! it is very innovative and even now, No car is more comfortable than Citroen DS. It looks great! Snob detectorist :D ! And it is a also a perfect detector for nerds! I was playing it last night on the bed before I went sleep! Mywife eyes rolled :brokenh:
My cat got scared when I switched remote on for the first time as it made loud sound as it connected to the coil immediately!

yes still looks great! I discovered Deus about 2 years ago.

Hello,ALL!
I know Clegy told me to just practice with program 9 but I want to test its performance and accuracy.
I am trying to figure out notch and discriminator function to somehow make detector ring only on 1,2 dollars :D .
Is that possible? I know it is bit silly but I love to play around bit.

Please let me know if you know how to set this. I want to fill the program spot with name"Goldies 101" :eek:

Yes it is possible to do this (set up multi-notch), it is outlined on page 40 of the Deus instructions. This is probably a pretty crap description on how it is done (only just set this up quickly last night after losing my initial goldie program)

The Deus gives you 3 notch windows to cancel out unwanted targets, using threshold 1 and threshold 2 to adjust the left and right side of the notch (notch width). Just wave $1 & $2 coins over the coil to see what TID comes up, then adjust the first notch to blank out everything from 0 to around 84 (possibly 83 as well), then scroll down to the next notch window and blank out everything from 88-99. Run the coins over the coil again to ensure that your notch window is wide enough to accept those coins with a clear and unbroken tone. If the coins do not resgister at all, or come up with a broken tone, then your notch windows are not wide enough to accept those coins.

Then exit the notch screen and go to programs to save as a new coin program. You will find most alloy bottle caps will fall around 88-91, though crushed caps and rusty crown caps may still come through at times. Listen for strong repeatable hits with a very consistent ID and tone, most junk will vary in tone as you work 360 degrees around the target with the coil - even if the tone slightly changes still suspect junk as shallow goldies should not vary in tone (slight upswing or downswing in tone).

I used notching last night for 20c, 50c and $1/$2 coins, and it worked pretty good except for square pull tabs falling very close to the 20c ID (74), 50c coins being pretty large nearly always hit on 78. If you get any target that briefly sounds good or starts to break up after initially sounding good, it is going to be junk - all the coins should be clean consistant hits. Really need to have more of a play with it as I don't do park detecting very often. A lot of the deeper good sounding hits that fall on the $1 & $2 ID turned out to be rusty crown caps, you can briefly switch to a program with no discrimination to check if there is any iron grunt when pulling the coil back off the target - usually indicates a rusty crown cap.

You can also drop the sensitivity back a bit, this will lessen the effect of deeper junk targets, whilst still allowing the shallow coins to come through loud and clear.

Pretty sure if you want to run a goldie program using a lower frequency, you will have to set everything up as a seperate program as the ID numbers will be lower than on the 18kHz setting. If you want the lower frequencies to read the same ID as on 18kHz, you will have to turn on "normalisation" to automatically adjust those coin ID's.

Truth is that there is a miriad of ways to setup the deus for detecting spendables, depending on personal preference. Some owners like utilising 7 or 11kHz, or use wider notches and use their ears to discriminate out the rest, or include higher ID's to pickout silver as well (ie. Rings, chains). If I were planning to detect predecs, probably not a good idea to use notching for the deeper stuff - purely for cherry picking.

Also forgot to mention using the XY graph to distinguish junk targets from coins (ie. rusty crown caps). I haven't put it to use as yet, as I tend to not use the screen much at night and dig pretty much everything at relic sites, though could prove valuable in a park scenario with modern junk. Certainly no shortage of tools at your disposal on the Deus. :)

Latest posts