Nugget Finder 19" EVOLUTION COIL evo information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Well the 19" Evolution has been unveiled.
Only 1.1 kg, wow!

1480454799_screenshot_2016-11-30-06-55-26-1.jpg

Expected to ship 7th December.

Price is $595

thefitter said:
I have a 17x13 evo which I just bought is it worth upgrading to to 19?

I haven't used one yet, but I would think the 17x13 will still be the better all-round coil, more sensitive, lighter, and easier to swing.

The 19" would be best for wide open areas, and as a specialty coil chasing bigger lumps, but the added sensitivity means you will get get some smaller bits along the way.

First impressions of this coil is very good. Runs smooth, doesn't feel any heavier than the 15", and I dug some deep holes - none the right colour yet. Still very sensitive, which kinda sucks if there's leadshot around, but good that it isn't going to miss many of the smaller pieces. I'd say it is perhaps the best patch hunter for the GPXs for open ground.

Got some video comparison footage which is sure to be of interest.

1481591666_20161209_152154-1.jpg

1481591690_20161209_154456-1.jpg

Coiltech have a test coil so maybe grab it for a day or two and try it out. I tried it out for a day but didnt really like it. Cant quite put my finger on why though. Probably shout have give it more of a go.

That's one important thing using any off the new flat wound coils no matter what size adjust the detector to the conditions you intend to detect regards john :Y:

G'day all,

I have a GPX 5000 and recently upgraded to the 15" NF Evo from the 11" Commander coil.

I love the 15" Evo and it really does punch deeper. I have gone over the ground that I had previously worked with the Commander and picked up deeper bits previously missed.

I am now contemplating buying the 19" Evo to go over the same ground again and hoping to pick up bigger deeper nuggets.

I am therefore keen to hear anyone's views on weather this will increase my chance of picking up bigger and deeper gold and if how much of a difference could this possibly make?

Best regards

Mark

Mark are running in deep on the front switch and using inverted on the 15 evo that will make a difference ,I think myself a would rather use a 15 evo regards john :Y:

Thanks John,

I really appreciate your advice.

Yep running in deep. The only thing that I'm not doing is running in inverted. So will give that ago.

Another that I need to do is learn how to use tracking in fixed. When I try, it seems to pick up more false signals. But if it's going deeper. Maybe, I just just have to do a bit more digging.

I'm really happy with the 15 evo it is definitely picking up deeper bits.

Best regards

Mark

Hi guys, just wanted to know people's thoughts on the 19" evo, if any one has got one or used the coil and what they think. I have just seen a secondhand 19" evo and just wondering if it's worth buying. I was thinking it might be a good patch finding coil. Thanks Liam

Hi Liam
I bought one at Christmas. Only used it a few times. It is amazingly light for such a big coil. Had no problem swinging it on my 4500. I do have a double J Strut harness and centre bungie and control arm. This setup makes it easy to swing.
It runs smooth as any of my Nugget Finder coils. I have near all of the new Evos. Not found anything with it yet, but did think I was on to a big one in a gully between two saddle reefs, but ended up being half a horse shoe. Was down a foot in hard packed ground. Didn't think it had been dug before. Was real excited.
So in the right areas I think it's a winner.
Cheers

Hi Phase Technical, just seen this post and thought I would get your opinion on the 19" evo, seeing this post is fairly old you probably have used the coil a bit by now. Hard to find info/ reviews on This coil, either not a lot of people have it or it's not that good. I have just purchased a 19" secondhand , and I'm yet to take it out. I also have a 12" evo, 17x13 evo, hoping the 19" will be my go to big coil for open areas on my 4500.
Cheers Liam

Latest posts