Important NSW related dam refueling laws!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bit of a dog in the manger attitude there, we can't sell it so you can't bring you own, but it was ok when we could sell it. Nothing to do with safety

Yep! I can understand about the issue of spilling fuel into our drinking water to some degree, but why not say decanting must be 400m from waters edge!
one loop hole for out boards could be to take a 2nd full fuel tank. As this way you are not decanting, simply swapping tanks over.
One other member here I have offered my two tanks for the long weekend at the dam.

Just more idiotic decisicions , i havent been fishing inland for 5 years , that was when they forced people to go into the park area by putting boulders and sgns up to stop you getting away from the crowds.
I wonder if a 200 liter feul shuttle is considered portable .

mudgee hunter said:
Yep! I can understand about the issue of spilling fuel into our drinking water to some degree, but why not say decanting must be 400m from waters edge!
one loop hole for out boards could be to take a 2nd full fuel tank. As this way you are not decanting, simply swapping tanks over.
One other member here I have offered my two tanks for the long weekend at the dam.
Only problem with that plan is if it's a portable fuel tank it may not be allowed.... not permitted to carry fuel via portable container into the parks for vehicles or boats. idiots making rules... no one really has thought this one through lol.
Idiotic rules /laws are meant to be broken ;)

Yeah, I think its more of the decanting issue, spilling fuel. With a jerry can you would be pouring it. A fuel tank full is just a swap of fuel line connector.
But yep, probably some fool at the gate that cant differentiate!