Makro Gold Kruzer information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhaseTech

Phase Technical
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the Makro Gold Kruzer.
These have shipped from overseas, so should be here very shortly. Aussie rrp is $1125.

http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/makro-gold-kruzer-61khz-waterproof-detector/

1526870716_goldkruzer_03_new.jpg

A few key features:

- Extremely sensitive 61 kHz
- Waterproof to 5m
- Supplied with (non-waterproof) wireless headphones
- 7.5" elliptical DD and 10.5" elliptical Concentric coils supplied as standard
- 3-tone micro mode
- 2 x Disc modes with target ID
- Internal battery can supply up to 19 hrs run time
- Optional headphone adaptor available to use your own preferred headphones

1526870737_kruzer_with_wireless.jpg

Where I see this fitting in to the arsenal:

- Take it along when panning/sluicing
- Working around quartz reefs
- Working deep lead heaps
- working shallow creeks
- working exposed bedrock
- looking for micro jewellery in tot lots and other sites
- testing out trashy spots

1526870754_goldkruzer_01_new.jpg

Optional external battery pack available which accepts 4 x AA batteries.

1526870766_battery_pack_rear.jpg

Close up of the control panel:

1526870924_goldkruzer_picture07_v2.jpg

Okay here's some more info:

1. Very light. Stock coil is a concentric, so is lighter and thinner profile than previous Makro 10x5 coils. This provides excellent balance.

2. Threshold is very stable. I can run a higher Sensitivity and less iSat (compared to Gold Racer and AU Gold) to achieve the level of stability I am comfortable with.

3. 7x4" DD was my favorite coil on the Gold Racer, so very happy that it's a standard inclusion on the Gold Kruzer.

4. 10x5 concentric will be the go for more depth, particularly in milder soils, but also is an excellent match to the Micro disc mode.

5. Huge range of tone adjustment - this is a big step up over the Low or High options in the Gold Racer. You can set the tone precisely for your hearing.

6. Have tested on some very small bits, speccies and unusual shaped gold and the GKruzer zaps them with ease.

Scanning some quartz piles at Jupiter Creek:

1527641993_gold_kruzer_at_jupiter.jpg

7. The Auto GB is very fast and accurate. You can also use high iSat settings (if required) and it won't upset the auto gb function.

Tested it out in some more mineralised ground where I normally wouldn't use a VLF, and it handled it nicely. Hot rocks were very easy to identify, (I only got fooled once) and pinged several targets on this old eroded capping on top of a hill. Very impressed with how stable it ran.

1527642382_mineralised_hill.jpg

Next step is to take it to some spots where there may be a few bits left to sniff out.

Great info Nenad.
I like that you could up the sens with less isat in comparison with the GR,and still retain a stable threshold.
Is there a definitive reason why this would be the case when the GR runs at 56 kHz yet the Kreuzer is 61.Is it just a gradual improvement in technology from one model to the next?

I don't know the nitty gritty of what changes were made to the circuitry, but the all-metal modes in Nokta/Makro gold machines have gotten progressively better with each release:

Original - Fors Gold
- Fors Gold+
- Gold Racer
- AU Gold
Latest - Gold Kruzer

The Impact and Multi Kruzer also have very nice all-metal modes, I'd put them in the same league as the AU Gold for stability.

The Gold Kruzer really has gold on it's mind, with no adjustable Disc in the Gen (all-metal mode), and the Fast and Boost discrim modes are single tone modes (they were 2-tone on the Gold Racer). But they are still VCO audio modes, which basically means the tone increases as the target gets closer to the coil. VCO audio is great for providing more target info, very similar to the all-metal mode, but minus the threshold. So in simple terms, for max depth and sensitivity use Gen mode. If you want to reject some iron, then go to Fast and set your Disc accordingly.

What sets the Gold Kruzer apart is the addition of the 3-tone Micro mode. This is your more traditional sharp beep of detection signal, and you can adjust the Ferrous tone break point, and Iron Volume, so it is kind of like having a full blown coin/relic/jewellery machine in a gold detector. A word of warning though, the Micro mode is hot! It is designed to pick up the smallest bits of jewellery, so as you can imagine, the smallest bits of foil and slaw will also come in loud and clear. So you will most likely be forced to work small sections at a time - much like detecting mullock heaps. And on a lot of the tiny stuff it picks up, you can forget about using your hand held pin-pointer.....much easier to bring your gold scoop along. But if you want to just find some coins, turn the Disc up, and the Gain down and it'll behave like a very sensitive coin detector.

Thanks for your feedback on that Nenad.
It sounds like a real winner,the ability to maintain a stable threshold and not drown out the sensitivity with excessive isat would be a step forward from the GR.
The micro setting sounds awesome.Some of the slivers of rusty metal I have picked up on mullock heaps with the GR are absolutely tiny.
Have been waiting for it to hit our shores and hopefully we can see a goldfields test. :Y:

BillS said:
Nenad, how will it go as a beach detector in the shallows? Does it have a salt mode?

Looks like it will ground balance to salt (0-25 via manual ground balancing), though has no specific beach program.

BillS said:
Nenad, how will it go as a beach detector in the shallows? Does it have a salt mode?

As Goldpick said, there's no beach/cog/salt mode, but I'll let you know after the weekend :)

At 19kHz the Multi Kruzer is still very sensitive, so the 61kHz Gold Kruzer is going to find some pretty tiny stuff.

Some Multi Kruzer finds with 5c coin for sizing.

1527811680_img_20180601_093431.jpg

Took the Gold Kruzer for a quick try on the wet sand. Was using the 7x4" elliptical coil.

Tried different modes and found the Disc modes a little too twitchy for my liking. But GEN (all-metal) mode worked great.
For best results, I recommend manually ground balancing it.

Here's my settings for the different sections of beach:

Dry Sand:
Ground Balance - 50
Gain - 95
iSat - 4

Wet Sand:
Ground Balance - 02
Gain - 85
iSat - 5

Water
With the coil submerged with the wet sand settings, the Kruzer would go into overload, so a big drop in Gain was necessary.
Ground Balance - 01
Gain - 49
iSat - 4

Running in all-metal, with a threshold and a small coil feels just like prospecting, except you are on an ocean beach instead of the goldfields.

So for a 61 kHz gold machine, it performed better than expected!
When I have time I'll also try the 10x5" coil and see how it goes.

A great report, and thanks for shareing PhaseTech; just the sort of info one needs to make an informed decision before buying a detector. :Y: I would like to see how it goes on spots I struggle with hot rocks and bassalt with the 4500.

Thanks Nenad for your review on the Gold Kruzer, as always very good information. I've been wanting to get a high end VLF for some reef hunting up here in NTH QLD rainforest. Looks like I'll be getting one from you soon. :D