You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Tathradj
17 March 2017 08:29 pm

Hi All,
If you are not aware, This is the last chance to win a detector by joining NAPFA.
http://www.napfa.net/
By joining, Not only do you have a chance at winning a GPX 4500, You are lending a voice
for us to fight for a better outcome for our Hobby.
So Please, We need your voice to carry on the fight and keep our past time alive instead
of loosing access and our right to enjoy our great outdoors.

In the last few month's, NAPFA has been instrumental and advised of at least 4 Local Government
Area's that have been declared Fossicking Districts and we are also taking the fight to the relevant
Government Departments that are restricting us by regulation's that are unjust and unfair.
We have gained some ground within these walls but we need more Members to carry on.

We cannot do it without you so please consider joining.

Because if we don't stand as one voice, One Day, It will all be gone.

See you out there.
Doug

The NAPFA Committee Members

A couple of HiBankers inc. accessories, , 4500, SDC2300, Gt1600,
Aldi, Phantom 4 Pro, A Prado 4x4, A'Van Cruiseliner and a heck
of a lot of determination.Not to mention Luck.
Most importantly, A lot of Good Honest Friends.

2 users like this post: LC76, joao garimpeiro

7.62marksman
17 March 2017 08:39 pm

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

1 user likes this post: Tathradj

blisters
17 March 2017 09:46 pm

Joined thumbsup

Tathradj
17 March 2017 09:53 pm

WOW, rainbow
Thank You both so much.
Really Appreciated.
For once, I am lost for words. thumbsup

SinHof
17 March 2017 09:55 pm

Hi 7.62marksman,
Thanks for jumping on board with NAPFA, if the bulk of prospectors roving the gold areas in NSW and ACT joined up, NAPFA would be one hell of a voice in Macquarie street, then we could really have an undeniable united voice to bring about the changes required to claw back access to gold areas lost over the years and clear up the grey areas in the NSW amateur prospecting regulations. The NAPFA committee is putting in a huge amount of effort in an attempt to bring about changes for the betterment of ALL who prospect in NSW and the ACT. This soaks up a considerable amount of time for each committee member, time they could utilise out prospecting or following other pursuits. It's the passion these folk have for our great hobby that is the driving force behind their efforts, so come on folks join up and lets really get behind the committee and push for a better deal for everyone.....................
Cheers, SinHof.

Last edited by SinHof (17 March 2017 10:38 pm)

Balmain Bob
17 March 2017 09:59 pm

Joined as well cool

GPX4500, SDC 2300 owner, Garret SS Sand scoop, Minelab Koss UR30 headphones, Garret Edge Digger, Minelab pinpointer

SinHof
17 March 2017 10:05 pm

Thanks Balmain Bob; good luck at Hill End, if you can catch up with RDD out there you will learn quite a bit about the area, he's a full bottle on the why's and where's that make HE the interesting location that it is.
Cheers, SinHof.

2 users like this post: Balmain Bob, Tathradj

cml
17 March 2017 10:07 pm

Joined on principle, then read the website and realised how smart I am smile
Good work guys!

7.62marksman
17 March 2017 10:07 pm

Tathradj wrote:

WOW, rainbow
Thank You both so much.
Really Appreciated.

Now that i find very hard to believe smile smile smile smile

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----A disposal technician at a dead run outranks everybody

3 users like this post: NeilM, Tathradj, Balmain Bob

SinHof
17 March 2017 10:10 pm

Hey Tathrajd, you, lost for words, might be a new definition for impossible, LOL; good to see some new faces joining NAPFA, lets hope the new members snowball.
Cheers, SinHof.

2 users like this post: NeilM, Tathradj

NeilM
17 March 2017 11:16 pm

7.62marksman wrote:
Tathradj wrote:

WOW, rainbow
Thank You both so much.
Really Appreciated.

Now that i find very hard to believe smile smile smile smile

LOL

Joined as well

ML SDC2300, Pans

Tathradj
18 March 2017 12:53 am

Truly, I am gobsmacked.
(For Once) ops

7.62marksman
18 March 2017 01:06 am

9451 (as of 01:00 this morning) members on here i wonder how many will join
Would be nice to see NAPFA numbers boosted that many times
Just my houghts

SinHof
18 March 2017 09:43 am

As we are running this important topic on two threads I'm duplicating the below post/message here as well as Tathrajd's initial post in General Chat.
Hi Everyone,
It's great to see new members signing up to join NAPFA, lets hope the momentum picks up and rolls on.
For the new folk joining, please make sure you put your name or some I/D on your bank deposit, paper/electronic and link it to your registration form so the treasurer knows which deposit goes with which new member, many thanks everyone.
Cheers, SinHof.

Last edited by SinHof (18 March 2017 09:45 am)

Ditch
18 March 2017 12:25 pm

Just signed up thumbsup

iamagoldenoldie2
28 March 2017 12:19 pm

Hello All,
I have cut and pasted my thoughts from november last year, when I joined the association, united we have a chance to stand divided we will fall..
I also fish and have an active role with a local fishing club , at our last meeting. the Secretary advised that government departments have not renewed 1licence nd another has cancelled the clubs ability to enter government controlled land to fish. The club had a privileged deal to access these places , no its gone, overnight and without any consultation, so what I am saying it that , here we go again another lockout

My previous post about joining
" I've been reseaching the NSW gov websites on our chosen hobby. I have not yet found the definition of fossicking and prospecting despite the NSW governments promotion of fossicking on state reserves, with the appropriate licence, and may rightly or wrongly assume that applies to crown lands but no licence required.
Crown land , what is it and what is the intended purpose for the use of crown land, in short, my assessment, after much reading,it is land set aside for the greater public use. It would seem to me that Newtons law of relativity is applied to our hobby, that is , for every action there is supposed to be an equal opposite reaction to maintain equilibrium, but in our case it seem we are loosing ground. I base that comment on the typical Oallen Ford scenario, that parcel of crown land has been reclassified as an environmental reservation hence the restrictions and managed by an unknown body. I note that comments have been posted on those idiots doing the wrong thing , but first i would ask, do you do the right thing when using your high banker, in that, how much material do you process in the allowed time frame and do you reinstate your digging area. i have anticipated that my post will cut close to the nerve of forum members however my objective is not to upset members but to make them think about whats really happening. I finally arrived at the HILL END meeting of NAPFA members last saturday and heard the last words spoken relating to the use of pumps and high banking. I you are a forum member and not a member of NAPFA then i would urge you to join , as I did on saturday afternoon. I am now retired and in a past life worked at the coal face in local government in the planning and development area and can see the writing on the wall on the future of fossicking and prospecting. In my opinion and professional judgement , the only way forward is to join an association such as NAPFA and CONTRIBUTE to the formulation of the proposals that your representatives can take to the NSW Government , don't sit back any let the others do it for you. I have been involved with associations and committees and dealing with the governing authorities and can tell you its not an easy task.
Government policy writers usually have a public consultation process with stakeholders ( using the usual buzz words in policy formulation) and generally acknowledge submissions from associations. whether they take note is another thing.
I don't believe that Government operations is a well oiled machine, its fragmented decision making processes and lack of communication between different departments is nothing but unbelievable, and that is reflected in the legislation applied to out chosen hobby.
Join NAPFA and be an active member ."

One last comment,,, if I resign and rejoin,, do I qualify for the new members raffle LOL

iamagoldenoldie2
28 March 2017 12:28 pm

NAPFA may have to look for a larger site to host the next AGM , with the huge influx of new members who join not just for the raffle prize but for the activity of being able to go out and enjoy gold prospecting , well here's hoping for a tsunami of new members

now to go for another walk with my SDC 2300 to see if mine is working or have I fiddled with the settings to make it too quiet on external speaker

davsgold
23 May 2018 10:45 pm

I know this topic is for last year, but NAPFA also ran another members draw for 2018

"As an incentive, thanks to our major corporate sponsor Minelab, you will have the chance to win the new
Gold Monster 1000 – a ripper machine that is getting quite popular in Australia."

"You need to join or renew by the end of March to be in the draw. If you join or renew before the end of
January 2018, you will receive two tickets in the draw. If you join or renew in February or March you will
receive one ticket. The prize will be drawn at the end of March."

Has this draw happend yet as I have not seen or heard about any member winning this.

Doug as your the comunications officer for NAPFA do you know if this has taken place yet, and if it has can you let the good members know the winner. smile

cheers dave

NAPFA member, APLA member, PMAV member

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Tathradj, RM Outback

Tathradj
28 May 2018 07:43 pm

Your comment has been passed onto the committee
and our Public Officer will be in touch.

davsgold
29 May 2018 05:51 pm

Thanks thumbsup

NAPFA member, APLA member, PMAV member

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site