Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1527421844_bb016359-a2b8-4867-9140-4590adf488ef.jpg
Hello to all of you, I am from Vienna Austria and had the pleasure to join your community today. Doing this Goldwashing now for several year, also introduced my kids to this adventure, had the opportunity to work with great people from all over California, Yukon, Switzerland, and Austria, coming to visit my Aunt in July for a month in Sydney and planning to return a few more times for then to stay. Appreciate all your inputs and advices God bless and stay safe out there
1527418290_75102f16-96a3-461d-be4c-483a4d2a7fd3.jpg

1527418291_7be0a18f-f9c2-4eac-8cb2-000735a71376.jpg
Would Love to find a group of members who would introduce us to searching with Detectors as we never had the chance to do so :) :) :).

Thank you Jaros, Polish or Hungarian? Could you possibly give me a lead looking for some fellows to take me out with my son and teach us with a detector. Perhaps there is a camp for Garret or Mine Lab? Would be in NSW the whole of July best greetins

Also I already studied the forums for permits etc. How about the Browns and Taipans and Spiders out there? Was in Alaska with Kodiak and Grizzlly and Puma, but these Snakes are a whole new ball game so remotely alone in the outbacks :eek: thats why infam looking for buddies who know the business to go out have fun and have a good time Allocated about 1 week for Digging if not NSW perhaps Timbara Area or Balarat or Bendigo

Excalibur1961 said:
Also I already studied the forums for permits etc. How about the Browns and Taipans and Spiders out there? Was in Alaska with Kodiak and Grizzlly and Puma, but these Snakes are a whole new ball game so remotely alone in the outbacks :eek: thats why infam looking for buddies who know the business to go out have fun and have a good time Allocated about 1 week for Digging if not NSW perhaps Timbara Area or Balarat or Bendigo

When you start venturing into the Aussie bush just make sure you get a first aid kit and a few snake bite bandages and know how to use them. Snake bites in Australia are quite rare but you do need to be very careful wandering around in the Aussie bush in spring and summer which is snake season. You'll find them at other times as well but they are more aggressive around breeding season. Most people in Australia who get bitten are trying to harm the snake or catch it.

Best advice I can give is don't walk into long grass and be careful walking around in heavy leaf litter, if confronted by a snake in strike position stand very still and then back away from the snake, I had this happen to me with a 6ft Brown, it worked thankfully. Taipans are in Northern NSW all the way up to the top of Queensland, they are even more deadly than Brown snakes. Funnel Web spiders are deadly too but no one has died since an antivenene was developed in the 80's, the Sydney Funnelweb is the worst, just avoid the spiders as well, most people get bitten by leaving shoes outside at night and then putting them on in the morning. Always check your shoes.

Hope you enjoy your time in Australia, we also have sapphires and other gemstones in numerous locations as well, some sapphire locations are only 2.5 hours from Sydney!

Bears and Puma bother me more than our deadly reptiles. :)

Latest posts