Does anyone know where Fresh Creek is?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ded Driver

WA is my backyard
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, Im a newcomer to gold hunting with a metal detector, & heard of a supposedly locally referred to area in the WA Eastern Goldfields as 'Fresh Creek' but I have been unable to find it on any maps or references, & no luck with Google either. Anyone have any idea where it is & can post a map link or any location info would be appreciated.

I think it's over Kalgoorlie way somewhere. It is mentioned in Aussie Gold Hunters Season 2 Episode 7. Possible a nickname for a local area which would be the probable reason you can't find it on maps etc.

goldfinder said:
I think it's over Kalgoorlie way somewhere. It is mentioned in Aussie Gold Hunters Season 2 Episode 7. Possible a nickname for a local area which would be the probable reason you can't find it on maps etc.

Goldfinder, i reckon you are right. A guy i know says he thinks its north of Kal somewhere but i cant find it on any maps ... even in my Hema navigator maps. :(

Dave79 said:
If there's a creek round there it would t flow often enough to watrent a name!

Hi Dave79, you only have to look closely at a good map to see that there ae creeks & rivers all over the country that only have seasonal or cyclonic weather flow. The Todd River thru Alice Springs is a classic example. I would guess that Fresh Creek is one of those!

Latest posts