Antique Telephone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've owned this phone for about 40 years, you used to be able to use it on the older exchanges but I don't think you can now. It's in very good condition and been in storage for the last 10 years

Asking $400.00
Pick up from Somerville 3912
Cash or direct deposit
I can ship it at buyers expense

1527222482_p5250080_fileminimizer.jpg

1527222482_p5250081_fileminimizer.jpg

1527222483_p5250082_fileminimizer.jpg

1527222483_p5250083_fileminimizer.jpg

A lovely unit XC. That's similar to what we used on my uncles farm in my youth. Brings back great memories. The operators were very courteous.
My kids can't believe we communicated like that - generally to the local store on a weekly basis to advance order supplies :D
Interstate or overseas calls were very complex and timely to set up. I reckon I miss those days ;)
Was in WA goldfields recently, and actually liked being out of mobile coverage. I also reckon that would freak my kids.

ctxkid said:
ya dont need hand cranks on analogue dial phones, it is a not so old look alike
Not actually correct.

Many old crank phones like Kelloggs or Erricsons from the early 1900's to the 1930's also had a dial. A lot were also converted over to dial when dial became mainstream.
The phone was a piece of furniture and often in a place of prominence in the house where visitors could see it and think 'ooh look, they're doing okay..they have a phone".
Unlike now where we just throw them away and get another one, phones were refurbished or added on to.

It looks very authentic to me, though at some stage I would say it has had the cable to the hand piece replaced.

the cord wants to be cloth, the rubber sprung one detracts from the look a lot. But look at the case, its an old phone, and yes they were upgraded.

Excavator, if you have more than one buyer, feel free to pass them on to me. We have a couple of these in very good all original condition, including the 1950's batteries that they worked with. We had them on parents farm and they're connected between house and out buildings on the end of a party line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts