GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My results from quite a while ago.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=303353#p303353

So as expected with the GPZ normal setting just blew all the targets out of the ground, HY, Difficult, Deep.

General Difficult 12 picked up all the targets..... Just.

Extra deep was pretty useless.... Should be renamed to "extra quiet"

High yield on 12-16 got everything up to 12"
I'm guessing the targets are solid.... Not prickly

I was pretty impressed with General at 12.. It just picked up the deepest target and gave it slight drop in the Threshold followed by a bit of a warbling tail end sweeping back up.
Very soft but very distinctive.

So I learnt some stuff today.
Thanks for putting me on to that patch Pirate.

Out yesterday....ugly ground that was very noisy, salty clay with quartz overlay in some areas.
HY/difficult making a bit of noise, but just bearable.....just.
Gen/diff better, but still making pops, squeaks and farts.
Extra deep/diff, quieter.
Extra deep/normal wasnt to bad but to many hot rocks.
HY/Difficult pinged a large speccie, screamed at about 40cm....My rather bad SG test shows about 8-10 grams of gold in it.
Found a 0.26g flaky bit of gold, signal was just a little waver in the threshold, almost like the ground noise......was so small I couldnt quite pin point it, so the 23 located it :)
So I am slowly getting used to some noise....the targets still seem to show thru.

The avantree wireless worked great and having volume control on the head phones has made the gpz a very smooth unit by dropping the output volume on the gpz.
I also finally gave it the first run since the update :rolleyes: , i am very impressed now general is smoother than HY and the ground i was swinging usually forced me to use HY to keep the gpz smooth but now its a dream machine.
Was using it in 30 kph winds and it run fairly smooth apart from a sqaurk just before a gust of 50+ kph would try knock me over, i managed a small nuggy in flogged to death country in a pretty obvious and accessable digging :D . Also pulled a dozen lead balls from under little bushes on the surfaced areas that surely someone else should have found.
Very very happy between going wireless and the update its a smooth unit now , all i need now is some hot tips for nsw :lol:

Used all settings when i found good sounding targets but 90% of my time was in general , difficult , low smoothing , patch locate off. Did use normal but seemed worse in the wind.

Some good info there guys.
Now with the sP01 Enhancer, running General I feel I can almost get everything I can in High Yield. Some of the really tiny ones are a bit softer in signal.
But as most would know, General does have a depth advantage. It is also less susceptible to EMI. My general scouting around settings have been General/Difficult/Low Smoothing/Volume 9/Volume Limit 8/Threshold 27/Semi-Auto. Sensitivity varies greatly depending on ground, but having it around 7 makes the unit super stable, and the faintest response stands out and gets lifted by the Enhancer. Using the sP01 on Mode 2, Filter 2 and Volume as required. (Filter 1 if Zed is very stable)

The ground has been very dry here lately, so a lot of hot spots from clay and charcoal are less of an issue, so a switch to Normal with Patch Locate is quite possible in some areas. If hot rocks are too thick, then simply go back to Difficult.

I am less worried about not running High Yield these days, as any productive area will get another sweep in High Yield anyway, and probably the 2300 as well. But I like running General, not wondering if I'm missing any deeper bits.

Heres tha little fella :Y:
1524737950_img_20180426_201222_940.jpg

Dollied and panned the spec from the other day....6.97g of gold.
Quite promising to know that the Zed pinged it at good depth :)
In hind-sight, I wished I had run over it with different settings.....Forgot to in my excitement of knowing that it was gold....Next time ;)

PhaseTech said:
Some good info there guys.
Now with the sP01 Enhancer, running General I feel I can almost get everything I can in High Yield. Some of the really tiny ones are a bit softer in signal.
But as most would know, General does have a depth advantage. It is also less susceptible to EMI. My general scouting around settings have been General/Difficult/Low Smoothing/Volume 9/Volume Limit 8/Threshold 27/Semi-Auto. Sensitivity varies greatly depending on ground, but having it around 7 makes the unit super stable, and the faintest response stands out and gets lifted by the Enhancer. Using the sP01 on Mode 2, Filter 2 and Volume as required. (Filter 1 if Zed is very stable)

The ground has been very dry here lately, so a lot of hot spots from clay and charcoal are less of an issue, so a switch to Normal with Patch Locate is quite possible in some areas. If hot rocks are too thick, then simply go back to Difficult.

I am less worried about not running High Yield these days, as any productive area will get another sweep in High Yield anyway, and probably the 2300 as well. But I like running General, not wondering if I'm missing any deeper bits.

EXCELLENT info, thank for that... can't wait for mine to arrive... hurry up Aus Post. 8)

PS: And thank you Nenad for working with me on international payment and shipping. :Y:

Jen

Some nice reading here and so much to go try . I would love to go out with someone in nsw with more experience with the z . I'm starting to get the hang of it but I never seem to get any deep targets got my first peices with the z last week a little quarts specci and a tiny .03 gram peice in vic. not sure if I'm doing something wrong as I am not even getting junk targets deeper then around 2-3 inches . So if there's anyone around nsw that wants to go out for a swing with a newbie let me know location doesn't matter to me have detector will travel

First time with the 19" coil.
Nice little area with some gravely looking wash with some quartz and shale that looks to be shedding down a slight slope into a slight gully.
2 small bits from the area now, so needs more time :) No trash, no other dig holes....
The 19" worked beautifully on general/normal as the ground is quite mild. A couple of hot rocks and not much else in terms of ground noise.
Pinged a 0.77g and thought "yep thats gold". Remembered to check different settings this time, all normal ground mode, locate patch!!
HY was loudest of them all, sounded like trash it was that loud! Extra deep had no issues and (like general) gave 2 distinct tones...Cant recall now if it was low/high or high/low...Need to buy one of those new fandangled head camera thingimajibs :)
Small nugget about half an inch down at most. I am beginning to think no one has detected there much, if at all, a Garrett Deepseeker would have got this one!
I didnt really find the 19" especially heavy or difficult to swing...had to adjust the bungy a bit but once it was done, swinging was okay....But then again, my arm is aching a bit now that I have stopped!
It does signal if you whack rocks with it though :)
1528087862_0.77g_nugget.jpg

Hi
I am just looking for a few suggestions re settings and techniques re using the 7000 as best as possible

I have found some virgin ground that may have some potential.

I have found 1 and a 4 grams within a few meters.

I am looking to grid the area but I would like your suggestions re the best way to use the 7000

My current thoughts are

1/ grid it by 10 by 10 sections
2/ and then use a/ high yield then, b/ general and c/ deep settings?

Any feed back would be great.

Always learning

Scotty

Mark it out with something - flags, tent pegs, witches hats, etc.

I'd do General/Difficult first. Will pick up both small and large bits.

Worth trying Normal if the ground allows. If it's noisy in Normal you could even try 'Locate Patch' mode to make it usable.

Sensitivity as high as you can until it is unstable and then back off 1 or 2.

Don't tell anyone where your patch is :D

Good luck :Y:

Hi all,
I just got a Z and downloaded the latest Update. I havent used these settings before. Can some one please help us out with some deeper settings and how to deal with getting the machine quieter with deeper settings.

Cheers Col

Im no expert but i have found the update has made general as smooth as high yeild and sometimes smoother. General still gets little sdc sized nuggets and will have you digging down a meter for junk.
General difficult is my goto setting and through the day i try general normal when its smooth, i often flick to high yeild and extra deep when i find a target just to hear the difference.

When i do the start up procedure i make sure i put it in general difficult for the ground balence,
the 7000 tunes itself as the day goes on so after a hour or so it can be run on higher settings .
So if your continuing in the same area after a break or nap dont reset the settings just turn it on and use it , if its smooth use it because its got all your previous hours of swinging tuned into it.

Gday Col .

Did you buy a s/hand zed ..?

The 2nd software update on Z came out July 2017

I bought a new Z about a month ago it has all updates done ......... Ive been told ?

On FB there is a 7000 users group .

Latest posts